Soccer, Domino’s, and Mila Kunis: A Senior Profile on Evan McParland

Soon to graduate senior Evan McParland reflects on his high school experience and looks forward to his future at University of New Hampshire or Westfield State University

Sofia DeSimone, Staff Writer

As June 2 gets closer and closer, seniors are coming to realize that graduation is right around the corner. Among the Class of 2018 is senior, self-proclaimed “school jock”, Evan McParland.

McParland will be one of the 180 or so students graduating on Saturday, June 2 in the Triton stadium. The Class of 2018 will be the second class to have graduation in Triton’s new stadium.

When asked his thoughts on graduating, McParland told The Voice, “I feel like I have outgrown this place because it’s very childish and I’m ready to move on. I’m excited about the opportunities in my further education.” McParland looks forward to continuing his education as a business major at either the University of New Hampshire or Westfield State. He also applied and got into Salem State.

Senior classmate Colin Ganzenmuller said “I will definitely miss Evan McParland, except for when we would go out in public and he would make a scene. I don’t remember how I met him, but I’m glad I did. I don’t think we’ve ever had a class together throughout all of high school, which is crazy. Definitely going to be a lifetime friend.”

Fellow senior Cole Lojek has known McParland since first grade when he had a class with Lojek’s twin brother, Ross. They all went to Newbury Elementary School together. Lojek also played soccer for four years with McParland. Lojek told The Voice, “I’m going to miss Evan except for when he flexes on us about how much money he makes working at Domino’s, and when he yells at people that he doesn’t know.”

McParland’s “favorite part of high school was probably sophomore year. There was nothing to worry about, pretty much zero responsibilities, it felt like we were going to be here forever.” His favorite class in high school was AP Microeconomics with Mr. Dube in c period.

Throughout high school, Evan McParland participated in cribbage club, four years of soccer, and three years of JV hockey. He also spent some time doing community service. McParland spends his weekends being a delivery boy for Domino’s pizza and playing Fornite with Colin Ganzenmuller (@cocoman214).

Some fun facts about McParland is his celebrity crush is Mila Kunis or Margot Robbie. His dream car is “A Mercedes Benz G Class. Steve, Mr. Colby and I are going to go in on one together, and get it customized.” His favorite snack is Reese’s minis and his favorite drink is Mountain Dew.

To find McParland on social media, visit his Instagram @evan_mcp.

Senior Cam Willey (standing up) and his friend (sitting down).