Triton puts on the fall play

Students work hard to put on a good show

Triton puts on the fall play

Jonathan Reilly, Staff Writer

The Triton High School theatre department will be performing the fall play The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. According to Drama teacher and play director Sharon Riordan, the show is going to be a lot of fun and suitable for the entire family.

“The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, first of all and most of all is a lot of fun,” said Riordan. “And it’s also a little bit unusual in terms of the kind of plays we do here at Triton. Often times the plays we put on aren’t completely family friendly.”

According to Riordan the plot of the play is very straightforward.

“It is literally about a christmas pageant,” said Riordan. “It’s set in 1958 and it’s about a small community that puts on a pageant ever year. However this year the pageant is invaded by the worst children around, and their names are the Herdmans!”

Riordan also went on to state what the Herdman children are like.

“To quote a line from the play, the Herdman kids are like those South American fish that strip the flesh and skin from your bones while you are still alive!” said Riordan. “They are horribly behaved!”

Riordan also shared that even with the Herdman kids causing mayhem throughout the  show it will all have a happy ending.

“Like all christmas stories and tales,” said Riordan. “There will be a happy ending.”

The show will take place on November 30th, December 1st and December 2nd. There will be four shows in total and two of them will take place on December 2nd at differing times, 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Tickets are $5 for students and seniors and $10 for Adults. There will also be a very special guest attending each of the performances.

“As a special treat Santa will be here before each performance so that children can share their christmas wishes and lists with him, as well as get pictures.” said Riordan.

Riordan also insisted that people do not miss out on the performances.

“There will be something for everyone to enjoy and laugh at with this show and I truly hope that everyone who wants to see it does not miss their chance.” said Riordan.