Boston’s TD Garden is Feining for more

Travis Scott’s Circus Maximus Tour hits Boston
Brian Clark
Travis scott performing “HYAENA” from his album “UTOPIA”

“Fien, Fien, Fien!” The crowd chants as Travis Scott stands in silence as he scans TD Garden seeing the crowd chanting for the fan-favorite song. He looks into the crowd as he shouts “I’M FEINING FOR MORE” queuing the iconic intro for the twelfth time that night.
On December 23rd, the Hub Hall in Boston was packed, and long lines formed at every entrance to TD Garden. Almost every person in North Station was there for one man: Houston-based rapper Travis Scott. To promote the release of his newest album, “Utopia” the Circus Maximus Tour visited Boston just before Christmastime. Scott, joined by opener Teezo Touchdown gave a performance of roughly an hour and thirty minutes to two hours. Teezo came out with a bouquet-themed microphone and performed some songs from his discography. He then switched to his features on newer albums, which includes hit songs such as “7969 Santa” from Drake’s new album “For All The Dogs” and “RUNITUP” from Tyler The Creator’s “Call Me if You Get Lost” album.

After what felt an eternity of waiting, a loud robotic voice filled the venue, almost like an amusement park ride. After a brief intro, the very first song “HYAENA” began and when the beat dropped, Scott made his grand entrance to the show in a flashy display of pyrotechnics and lights. From there all the way to the very end, the crowd was filled with an energy that was incomparably hype.

“It was very fun and the atmosphere was very hype,” said junior Aiden Moriarty. “It was fire” said senior Andrew Faloon, who went back to see Scott perform again in Boston on January 12. The crowd kept the incredible energy throughout the show, some of the songs featured in the show included “I KNOW ?”, “90210”, “Meltdown”, “Goosebumps” and “SICKO MODE”. For secret songs that were not on the setlist, Scott performed “Maria I’m Drunk”, “A-Team”, and “CAN’T SAY”. However the highlight of the show and the most memorable moment for most of the crowd was the performance of “FE!N”.

Twelve times the iconic chorus for “FE!N” played throughout TD Garden, and the fans ate it up every time. People were screaming and swinging their shirts in the air when the spotlight focused on different sections of the crowd, asking if they were “feining” for more. And the crowd was every single time, so much so that after Travis had played “FE!N” 11 times and moved on to “SICKO MODE”, when the song finished the crowd once again chanted for Travis, proving that they were still “feining for more”.

Merch prices for the show were expensive, which is to be expected from an artist this popular. Most t-shirts were 50$, the hoodies were 120$ and the long sleeve shirts were 75-85$. The lines were long so getting to the venue early was great to get ahead of waiting for too long. Water was a necessity for this concert as many should expect to be screaming as loud as possible. During the concert, Scott picked fans from the crowd to get on to giant floating heads during a song, a brilliant way to interact with the fans. During one of his songs, Scott invited “special guests” to the stage, which turned out to be three people in gorilla suits. They didn’t really do much and were a very random addition to the show, but were fun anyways.

An experience that will definitely not be forgotten soon, the Circus Maximus Tour brought an unbelievable night to the TD Garden. Fans of Travis Scott or new rap in general should absolutely go and experience his show for themselves. But if you are like me, expect to lose your voice for 7 days after.