The Impact of Sports Movies

The Impact of Sports Movies

Everyone has a favorite sports movie that has impacted them in one way or another. Whether they leave imprints on people,stick with them for life, or change the way they look at the world, sport related movies can shape a person and give someone a vision, creating goals for their future.

Movies such as Friday Night Lights, and Rocky have left people with great champions to respect and idolize. There’s nothing better than watching a great sports movie that has a great plot and that will make you feel like you are right there with them on the field or ice. There are a plethora of phenomenal sports movies to choose from to fit what you want to watch.

Senior Cam Neary told the Triton Voice his favorite sports movie is Miracle, starring Herb Brooks and Jim Craig, about a college coach,Herb Brooks ,who was hired to coach the 1980s Olympic hockey team and this is what Cam had to say about it. Miracle, Disney’s 2005 film about hockey” As a young hockey player it sort of created these heroes in my mind of not just want a hockey player could be but what a true American could be”

A great sports movie is something that you want to be able to go back to periodically in your life. It’s also great to pass on to your friends or kids, and hopefully, it will have a similar impact on them as it did on you. Some of the most impactful sports movies of all time are Rocky, A League of Their Own, Rudy, and Miracle. These are just a small list of movies that have changed people’s lives for the better and have taught millions strong life lessons.

What all these sports movies have in common is that they all show what greatness looks like and what you need to do to achieve it. When you see the movie Rocky, you see a champion in the making and what he puts into his sport to achieve greatness, and I think that watching that can change a mindset in a person and really make you understand what it really takes to be the best. Senior Ben Chadwick wanted to speak about his favorite sports movie — Surfs Up. Ben Spoke about how the character Coady Maverick had a great impact on him.  The impact that this movie had on him and he had to say “It’s okay to be a 17-year-old penguin surfer and  to not have crazy plans in life, and to just take life day by day and see where you end up.” Sports are possibly one of the most important things for kids around the world and without them, people wouldn’t be as good with team skills and being able to work with other people. Sports Movies Bring out the best in people and can make anyone no matter who you are feel hopeful and determined in your life.