Dr. Ellen Moore

Luke Groder, Staff Writer

Triton High School’s newest biology and anatomy and physiology teacher, Dr. Ellen Moore, is making her mark at our school.

“I love Triton, this school is filled with nice kids, and really supportive administration,” said Moore.

Moore teaches CP biology and anatomy here at Triton. “I am looking forward to getting to know students and what their interests are,” Dr. Moore said, “as well as supporting them to find the best way then can learn biology and enjoy the subject.”

Moore grew up in Tewksbury and now lives in Topsfield. She went to high school at the Academy of Notre Dame in Tewksbury. Moore received her undergraduate degree from Bates College and her graduate degree from Tufts University.

Before her days at Triton, she taught at Concord-Carlisle High School, in Concord Massachusetts. In addition to this, she taught at MCI Framingham, an all-female prison in Framingham Massachusetts.

“I taught a college level introductory biology course.” Moore said. “I taught 20 inmates who were working towards getting their Bachelor of Arts degrees from Boston University so when they were released from prison, they had an education to lean on for finding a job.”

Moore chose Triton because it was close to home, and she had heard great things about it. She found Triton to be welcoming.

“I was curious about the culture of the school, and now I feel excited to be part of a supportive, kind community.” she said.

Science department head, Mr. Ivan Ferron said his first impression of Moore was “this person would be great for Triton” and he said she is doing a great job.  

Triton senior, Austin Mooney, is currently in Dr. Moore’s anatomy class, “I like the class overall, she is a very caring teacher,” Mooney said. “I’m excited to do the experiments in class. If you’re going into the science majors, I would recommend the class.”