Starbucks Refreshers

What Starbucks drinks are worth your bucks?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Starbucks Refreshers

Four out of the five types of Starbucks refreshers

Power Photo

Power Photo

Power Photo

A perfect afternoon pick me up, the popular Starbucks Refreshers have everything you need to get through the day and have become popular among Triton students.

There are a variety of different refreshers to choose from. They are a great choice on a warm day or even a cold one because these drinks are delicious and unlike other Starbucks drinks, they hydrate you while also boosting your energy with some caffeine.  A Starbucks refresher ranges from 90 to 140 calories for the regular grande size, so it’s also a healthier option than their coffee drinks or frappuccinos.

The beverages were first released on March 21, 2012, and in the past year have become extremely popular. According to Investor.starbucks.com, the refreshers are “A global breakthrough beverage innovation that delivers a distinctly new take on thirst-quenching refreshment while providing a natural boost of energy.”

Starbucks offers five different refreshers, strawberry acai, mango dragon fruit, pink drink, violet drink, and very berry hibiscus tea. Lemonade or coconut milk can also be added to these drinks.

There is an option for four different drink sizes at Starbucks, Tall, Grande, Venti, and Trenta. A Tall Starbucks refresher costs $3.99, a Grande costs $4.49, a Venti costs $4.99, and a Trenta costs $5.29.

We reviewed the 5 different types of Starbucks refreshers and here are our takes on the flavors of each of the drinks that we tried.

The Pink drink has a subtle strawberry taste that’s not super sweet but has the perfect amount of sweetness and is definitely thicker and milkier than the other refreshers. The ingredients used to make the pink drink are Water, Sugar, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Natural Green Coffee Flavor, Fruit And Vegetable Juice, Rebaudioside-a, Coconut Milk [Water, Coconut Cream, Cane Sugar, Contains 2% Or Less Of Tricalcium Phosphate, Coconut Water Concentrate, Sea Salt, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Gellan Gum, Corn Dextrin, Guar Gum, Vitamin A Palmitate, And Vitamin D2, Freeze-dried Strawberries.

The strawberry acai refresher is sweet. It tastes like strawberries and is light and very refreshing. This drinks ingredients are Water, Sugar, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Natural Green Coffee Flavor, Fruit And Vegetable Juice, Rebaudioside-a, Freeze-dried Strawberries.

The Violet drink has a herbal taste. It’s not as sweet as the other refreshers and has more of a milky taste which makes it thicker. The ingredients are water, sugar, white grape juice concentrate, natural flavor, green coffee extract, citric acid, erythritol, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), rebaudioside A,  coconut milk water, coconut cream, cane sugar, tricalcium phosphate, coconut water concentrate, natural flavors, sea salt, carrageenan, gellan gum, corn dextrin, xanthan gum, guar gum, vitamin a palmitate, vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), freeze-dried blackberries.

The very berry hibiscus tea has very little sweetness at all. It has a light, herbal taste.  This refreshers ingredients are Water, Sugar, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavor, Green Coffee Extract, Citric Acid, Erythritol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Rebaudioside A, Water, Freeze-dried Blackberries.

The mango dragon fruit refresher is very sweet, tangy, and has a very strong mango taste. The dried dragon fruit adds great flavor to the mango flavoring. The ingredients for this drink are Water, Sugar, White Grape Juice Concentrate, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Natural Green Coffee Flavor, Rebaudioside-a, Freeze Dried Dragon Fruit Pieces.

Starbucks refreshers have a great taste that millions of people enjoy, so go out to your local Starbucks and give them a try!

About the Writers
Sophia McLellan, Staff Writer

My name is Sophia McLellan. I am a Junior at Triton High School and im from Salisbury. In journalism, I enjoy covering sports stories and other topics...

Erin Power, Staff Writer

My name is Erin Power. I am a 16 year old Junior, and I live in Byfield. I enjoy writing sports story's and about topics I myself would find interesting...