Filed under Style & Trends

The Day After Thanksgiving

Black Friday fever sweeps the nation

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Day After Thanksgiving

Triton Junior Brad Killion getting ready for black Friday.

Connor Kohan

Connor Kohan

Connor Kohan

Black Friday: the day after Thanksgiving serving an economic boom with big spending at low prices. According to  History.com “ Black Friday was not applied to a shopping holiday but a financial crisis. Specifically the gold market crash of September 24, 1869.” This universal sale spreads across continents and brings in a lot of people that think they are buying more for less.

Brad Killion a Junior at Triton High School doesn’t like being in America during Black Friday because of how hectic it gets. He likes being at his quiet house on Prince Edward Island. When asked what he would buy and why, he responds showing how badly he wants to go up.

“Plane tickets you know, so I can go to Canada for cheaper. And Black Friday is less hectic literally everywhere else.” says Killion.

Killion exposes the hidden truth about Black Friday in the United States, and how greed takes over. But some people like to tackle the difficulty head on, getting what they want in the mob of people want the same thing as they do. According to blackfridaydeathcount.com five people were hospitalized in retail franchises during black Friday.

Extreme behavior is expressed in any age group. Particelli is one of the many people that gets what he wants and will do anything to get it. He waited in the line at Best Buy for his brand new TV and was going to do whatever it takes to get it. And that is exactly what he did.

“I once punched a man to get a flat screen TV””

— Anthony Particelli

Black Friday each year contributes to the economy greatly because people spend a lot of money but on more products. Some people choose to use credit card and some choose cash. If you chose credit card and by and abundance of store merchandise it drives you farther and farther into debt, some people even take it to the extent of maxing out there credit cards just for the opportunity to buy tangible items that have a chance of breaking down.

Cyber Monday is black Friday for the internet, it is the Monday after thanksgiving. Everything is on sale, from small all the way to big corporations cut their prices down most businesses have an increase in sales due to such low prices. That’s why corporations like amazon participate because of the millions of sales generated on cyber Monday.

Triton junior Andrew Valianti shows his love for Cyber Monday saying, “ I prefer to stay at home shop online for the good deals instead of waiting in a line, freezing my butt off, to just get mauled by an angry mob for a collapsible kayak”  

Do you go black friday shopping?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...