Favorites For The Holidays

The stuff everyone is looking forward to now that it’s the Holiday season.

Maia Perry, Staff Writer

The holiday season brings joy all around the Triton community. Students, like Jill O’Neill, say that this time is “most definitely their favorite time of the whole entire year.” Here’s why:

• Getting a break from school.

Everyone is looking forward to the short weeks and the long breaks now that is the holiday season. Time to sleep in and spend time with friends and family!

1. The food.

Food, food, food. From Thanksgiving, to Christmas, to New Year’s, food is the best way to celebrate. Many people have traditional foods that they eat every year, like turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving, and ham and potatoes for Christmas.

1. Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas.

No one can say no to a Christmas movie. Especially if one is on everyday in the month of December! Freeform, formally known as the new ABC Family channel, has everyone’s favorite Christmas movies playing everyday on their channel. Movies including Elf, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, and so many others air all month. You can find the schedule on Freeform’s website.

1. The Decorations.

Decorating your house for the Holiday’s gives a great happiness to majority of people. Making your house feel cozy and warm for Thanksgiving, then outlining your house in Christmas lights and decorating the traditional Christmas tree brings the joy of the holiday’s.

1. Black Friday Shopping.

Waiting for Thanksgiving night to come and 12 am to finally pop up on your clock is a great feeling. The day after Thanksgiving, or should I say the very early morning after, includes of throwing all your money at the mall or places like Walmart, just to make sure you hit every Black Friday sale. “I love wasting money on Black Friday,” Says senior Justin Stanley. “There’s so many good deals and it’s fun to stay out all night and go to your favorite stores at 3 in the morning.” Stay awake and stack up on caffeine!