Homecoming Dress-Up Days

Dress-up days explained

Dylan Waters, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again: Homecoming! One of the most popular parts of Homecoming are the dress-up days. But not many people know how each dress-up day was chosen, or what dress-up days are supposed to accomplish.

Many students don’t know the process of how dress-up days are chosen.

“In student council,  we split up into groups (committees) to work on Homecoming and getting it done,” said Student Council President Tyler Jacobs. “Our dress-up committee was in charge of picking the days and getting the administration’s ‘Ok’.”

“The dress-up days are chosen by the Dress-Up Day Committee in the Student Council,” said Student Council Vice President Lily Fullford. “The committee looks to come up with original dress-up days as well as keeping some classic dress-up days.”

Some of the dress-up days were chosen automatically, since they’re “staples” to Homecoming. These included pajama day and class unity day. “The rest were fun themes the dress-up committee chose,” said Jacobs.

Some of the dress-up days are chosen based off of previous years’ popularity. “This year, we looked at how popular past dress-up days were and chose them based on that,” said Fullford. “For example, we participate in white-outs for our football games and created ‘White-Out Wednesday.’”

Even though the Homecoming dress-up days are very popular here at Triton, not many people know why we have them.

“…We hope to see everybody participating,” said Jacobs. “The whole point of Homecoming is to build school spirit and have fun.”

“School Unity!” said Fullford. “That’s what homecoming is all about. Dress-up days are fun and add to the friendly competition of homecoming.”