The Pink House

The Controversial plum island house
pink house, plum island pink house, save the pink house
weston murphy

Are you for the demolition of the Plum pink house? If not, some groups are rebelling  against the demolishment and showing their support. Because the big topic around the community is the plum island pink house. And it’s about to be destroyed, but one group is trying to stop it.  

The U.S fish & wildlife announced their intention to demolish the plum island’s pink house that was built back in 1925. 

“It was built after  a divorce between a husband and a wife because she wanted a replica of the house built during the marriage they had ”, according to  the suppotthepinkhouse website written by board member Sandy Tilton. 

According to a statement made by the The Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, “The Parker River National Wildlife Refuge has put forward a plan to demolish the structure after realizing the cost to repair the home was well beyond its means.” 

The house has become  a staple of the plum island communitie and the surrounding towns and then later it was bought by the U.S fish and wildlife association and they were planning on demolishing it because the house costs to much for all it’s repairs and they don’t thinks it worth to keep repairing it and they thinks it’s better for it to just go. 

There are committees that work to get people involved so that they can save the house. But the The Parker River National Wildlife Refuge have been holding meeting because of the controversy because of the people and are still looking at taking it down, because the land can cost up to 500,000 dollars just to take care of the house that has been there forever. Triton student Brayden Lopes, said he is a big fan of the house but also states that he understands why they think they should take it down involving the money side of things. 

“The house is a staple of plum island when you come over the bridge you can always see it there and it would look alot different if it isn’t there anymore,” said lopes. 

Student Ryan Snow is a regular in the plum island area and he said one of the most eye popping things is the pink house,

“Whenever I drive by it my eyes immediately go to it cause it pops out aside all the long grass,” said snow.