Lapse-ing in Real Time

New App brings disposable cameras to your phone screens
oli
Marvens Pierre Jules, senior, viewing his Lapse profile.

This new social media app is becoming quite popular around Triton. Lapse similar to a disposable camera but on your phone, you can take multiple photos and share them to multiple people. It’s a fun way to make memories with your friends and keep them in a journal to look back on, students say. 

Molly Porter-Crean is a fellow viking who has been enjoying the app in all its glory. 

“I have had the app for almost over a month now and have taken pictures on it every day,” Porter-Crean said. “ I liked BeReal, but I this is even better because you can take as many photos as you want”

Many apps pass through the Triton halls, such as BeReal, Gas, and Saturn. All had their fame for a time, but slowly stop being used. BeReal is one that is quite similar to Lapse, the way it works and what its used for. 

Over the past couple weeks the new app has been becoming very known and enjoyed by some around Triton. Co-founded in 2021 and released June 2023, is now in the high ranking for top three in free apps on the apple store. Having a 4.8 rating with 53k users and compared to Dispo Retro Disposable Camera – 4.3 stars from 6.4K users. DAZE CAM– 4.7 stars from 6.5K users. How this app has become the new “bereal” is when downloading the app you are invited by a text message and to use the app you are needed to send it to five others. So by people having to send the app to others for them to use it, it is making the app travel quickly around the triton halls. Lots of people are using it for fun to create memories and some for instagram posts or vsco because of the cool polaroid effect it does to their photos.

Step by step by how the app starts is you get a text message from one of your friends saying to join lapse with a link and a picture, once you have clicked on it your phone will buzz and then you get to set it up. When setting it up you have to send the link to 5 others and do your profile. The app is fun because you get to customize your profile with cute and fun pictures with whatever you want, you get to add music and journals that are organized how you like. The app also allows you to send photos back and forth privately with your friends or whoever.