The Viking Ship is Setting Sail

Triton seniors share their plans for after graduating.

Senior Amy Clark.
Senior Lindsey Gardella.

Senior Amy Clark from Triton’s Class of 2019 is ready to set sail to the University of New England where she will attend college for the next six years to receive her doctorate in pharmacy.

After fourteen years of a guided day by day routine due to attending school on a daily basis, Triton seniors find themselves coming to the end of their high school careers; with this, the graduating students will soon be stepping foot on their pathway into their futures.

Once graduated, the students will determine what their next step in life will be. Will it be college, trade school, or who knows? The Triton Voice selected three Triton seniors to show the different routes the class of 2019 will take after graduating, as well as how they feel about wrapping up their high school careers, and stepping foot into the real world.

“I’m really excited to graduate but I know sooner too I’ll be sad,” said senior Amy Clark. “I’m excited to be done with the routine of high school, but I’m sad to leave my friends. It’s definitely a time of mixed emotions.”

“I’m not nervous for my future. My parents did a great job on teaching me life skills and how to deal with change. However, for students who don’t have a strong support system at home, I understand why they would be nervous to face the real world

I’m not nervous for my future. My parents did a great job on teaching me life skills and how to deal with change. However, for students who don’t have a strong support system at home, I understand why they would be nervous to face the real world

— Amy Clark

,” added Clark.

Along with Clark, Triton senior Lindsey Gardella also plans on attending college after graduating.

“I’m very excited to graduate, there will be a select few things I’ll miss but overall I can’t wait to graduate. I’m going to Saint Anselm College to study criminal justice and I’m considering minoring in Spanish also,” shared Gardella.

However, along with big plans and high hopes, nerves still kick in.

“Part of me is definitely very nervous for my future,” said Gardella. “I mean I have four years of college ahead of me but, I’m not sure where I want to go yet in the field of my major, just hoping it all works out.”

Aside from those students who plan on attending a 4 year college or in Clarks case, six, other students are deciding to start off their future on another foot.

“I’m going to a union trade school, but I’m not sure if I’ll get in this year so I’m waiting until I get in,” said senior Jon Rolfe. “I’ll go there for heating, ventilation, and air condition (HVAC). I’m not really nervous since I know I want to do HVAC.”

Although Rolfe’s plans are set in stone, he still finds himself feeling mixed emotions upon graduating. “I’m sad I won’t be able to play sports here anymore, but I’m happy that I don’t have to wake up early and I’ll get a job and get paid now,” shared Rolfe.

Which path are you/did you take after high school?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...