Filed under Christmas

Holiday Preferences

Triton Students’ would you rather responses to our favorite holiday activities

Back to Article
Back to Article

Holiday Preferences

Aidan Gay-Killeen (left) and Elisabeth Lindholm (right) are showing off some of Triton's Christmas decor.

Gracie Burnim

Gracie Burnim

Gracie Burnim

Every year, students look forward to the holiday season, no matter what they celebrate. They hang the lights, deck the halls, and set up for their favorite holiday traditions. But, one thing we can all agree on is our different preferences when it comes to the holidays. Here are a few of the students’ personal favorites.

A collection of “would you rather” and “Do you prefer” questions were brought to the students:

Do you prefer…

1. Egg Nog or Hot Cocoa
  2. Colored lights or white lights
  3. A real tree or a fake tree
  4. Frosty the Snowman or The Grinch who Stole Christmas

Would you Rather…

1. Ride the Polar Express or Live in a Gingerbread House
  2. Live with permanent antlers or a permanent Santa beard
  3. Star in the movie “Elf” or “Home Alone”

Also…

What’s your favorite holiday tradition?

Out of a survey group of 8 male students and 7 female students, a total of 15, the results for the questions were;

Hot Cocoa or Eggnog? 93% say Hot Cocoa 7% say Eggnog

Real Tree or Fake Tree? 26% say they have a fake tree 74% say they have a real tree.

Frosty the Snowman or The Grinch who Stole Christmas? 67% say the Grinch, 33% say Frosty.

W.Y.R. Ride the polar Express or live in a gingerbread house? 67% say they would ride the Polar Express 33% say they would live in a Gingerbread House.

W.Y.R. Live with permanent antlers or a permanent Santa beard 67% say live with antlers 33% say live with a Santa beard.

W.Y.R. Star in the movie “Elf” or “Home Alone” 60% say they would rather star in elf 40% say they would rather star in Home Alone.

The more controversial questions was that of the “Colored Lights or White Lights”. Grace McGonagle, senior,  and Mason Ferrick, junior, agree that the white lights belong on the outside of the house. Ethan Tremblay, junior, would have to disagree, though, and say that the colored lights belong on the outside of the house and the white lights go on the tree.

One question most all could agree on was “Hot Cocoa or Egg Nog”. Everyone but McGonagle sided that Hot Chocolate was their drink of choice for the colder months. McGonagle argued, “Eggnog. It’s seasonal, I can drink Hot Cocoa anytime so during the colder months I would rather drink Eggnog.”

One of the most loved holiday traditions is watching movies. Everyone loves getting cozy and sitting down to watch their favorite movie. But, what if you could enter that movie?  What if you could actually ride the polar express or live in a Gingerbread House? “I would rather live in a Gingerbread House,” said Tremblay, “but I would have to be a gingerbread man too.”

Spiros Markopoulos, senior, disagreed. He said he would rather live in a ride the Polar Express. “I would rather live with a permanent Santa beard,” Markopoulos also said, “I already have the ears. I chose to star in Elf too, for the same reason.”

Tremblay also elaborated on his extensive Christmas tradition. “I go to the mall and see Santa. I sit on his lap and tell him what I want. Then, we go get the tree and decorate it. After we make Gingerbread Houses and watch the Polar Express and the Grinch, all in the same night.”

Eric Desprez, senior, shared, “We all open one present on Christmas Eve, and then the next morning I make breakfast for everyone.”

No matter what you do, what you celebrate, or what you watch we all can agree that the Holiday season is the best season.

Would you rather ride the Polar Express or live in a Gingerbread House

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Eggnog or Hot Cocoa

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

About the Contributor
Gracie Burnim, Staff Writer

Hi! My name's Gracie Burnim. I'm currently a senior at Triton High School. I am involved in the Athletics department as an Athletic Intern and an MIAA...