Critical look at Crumbl Cookie

A look at how good Crumbl Cookie really is.

Maggie Reilly

The Crumbl Cookie Store in Methuen, Mass. While some enjoy the cookies, others say they are not as hyped as they say on tiktok.

It is the cookie shop that took the U.S by storm.  You might have heard of it: Crumbl Cookie.

The store, Crumbl Cookie, went viral on tik tok for their tremendous amount of exciting new flavors each week.  The visuals both attract and surprise weekly customers, and the festive looks and mouth watering flavors make people want to come back for more.

“I think it’s really good and I like how they have new flavors each week,” said Brooks School junior Tessa Darke.

The people who the Triton Voice interviewed loved or hated the cookies but most did not like the cookies and said that they would not buy them.

Many thought that the cookies were too much money and were not as good as they were advertised.

The Hype

The store Crumbl cookie took Tik Tok by storm in February of 2021, although they had been open since 2017. This helped them expand their company nationwide and on the internet as well. With their  biggest following being on Tik Tok with 6.1 million and counting. It has become a trend on social media to get the Crumbl cookies of the week and rate them. Their strong presence on the internet and well managed social media pages has brought Cumbl great success. They sell an average of 2,000 cookies every weekday and even more than that on weekends.

The Company

Crumbl Cookie is a cookie shop that really came out of nowhere.  Many people became obsessed with exciting new cookie flavors that they had to offer.  

“I think it will last because they will come out with new flavors every week, there is a new variety to try which will keep the hype going,” said sophomore Nick Bonasera. 

Walking  into the store, patrons could see multiple ovens that the cookies were made in, in the back.  They had a display of all of the cookies on a sheet next to the cash register.  The 6 cookies that were available this week are milk chocolate chip, caramel apple, peanut butter m&m, pumpkin roll, pink sugar, and aggie blue mint.

Crumbl Cookie is a cookie shop that really came out of nowhere.  Many people became obsessed with

exciting new cookie flavors that they had to offer.  

“I think it will last because they will come out with new flavors every week, there is a new variety to try

which will keep the hype going,” said sophomore Nick Bonasera. 

Walking  into the store, patrons could see multiple ovens that the cookies were made in, in the back.  They

had a display of all of the cookies on a sheet next to the cash register.  The 6 cookies that were available

this week are milk chocolate chip, caramel apple, peanut butter m&m, pumpkin roll, pink sugar, and aggie

blue mint.

Walking  into the store, patrons could see multiple ovens that the cookies were made in, in the back.  They had a display of all of the cookies on a sheet next to the cash register.  The 6 cookies that were available this week are milk chocolate chip, caramel apple, peanut butter m&m, pumpkin roll, pink sugar, and aggie blue mint.  Exciting new cookie flavors that they had to offer.  

Walking  into the store, patrons could see multiple ovens that the cookies were made in, in the back.

The Review

The milk chocolate chip was okay.  We thought that this was just an average cookie.  It looked and tasted like a cookie we could make at home.  We also thought that the chocolate chips were too sweet.  we would rate it a six out of ten. 

The caramel apple cookie caused controversy between these two reviewers. For one I, Anna, did not like the cream cheese frosting while Maggie loved it. We both agreed that we did like the crunchiness of the apple on the top of the cookie, and we thought that it was a refreshing addition. We would rate this cookie a seven out of ten.  

The peanut butter m&m cookie also caused controversy between us. Anna, is a big fan of peanut butter cookies so she really liked it.  Maggie does not like peanut butter so she said that this was her least favorite cookie out of the six. Together we rate this cookie six out of ten.  

The pumpkin roll was also very good. We liked the amount of frosting that was on the top of the cookie.  It was very thick as well and we liked the fluffy consistency of it.  Together we would rate this cookie a ten out of ten.  

The pink sugar was a sugar cookie topped with a nice light pink shade of frosting.  This cookie was very thick and soft.  The pink frosting was sweet but we agreed that the frosting was still very good.  Together we would rate this cookie a nine out of ten as well. 

Lastly, the aggie blue mist consisted of an oreo based cookie with a light blue mint frosting with pieces of oreo included.  This was also a pretty thick cookie.  Maggie added that she thought it wasn’t too minty while I, Anna, felt that the mint partially tasted like toothpaste.  Together we rate this cookie a four out of ten.

The Verdict

This puts our ranking as this, pumpkin roll gets first place with a rating of ten out of ten, second place is pink sugar with a rating of nine out of ten, third place goes to caramel apple with a seven out of ten, peanut butter and chocolate chip are tied for fourth with a rating of six out of ten, and aggie blue mint takes last place with a rating of four out of ten.

While these cookies may seem to attract most but others have negative opinions on the company.  Some people feel as if the cookies are not as good as they are speculated to be.

“I think that the cookies are definitely overhyped.  Especially when people get them every week.” says Junior Talia Strauch

Overall we really do not think Crumbl cookie is worth the amount of hype it has.  It really tastes like an average cookie and the 45 minute drive and the 4 dollars per cookie does not sound appealing when the cookie itself is not a ten out of ten.  If we were offered a cookie we could take it and if we were in the area we would go get a cookie or two but we would not drive 45 minutes and pay 26 dollars for them again.