Library Rules

Mauri photo

Many students say they would miss the free time they enjoy in high school

Library Rules

One of the biggest questions around triton since the rules has been made last year is why can students only go to the library for only one study a day. Many students this rule is unfair and should no longer be a thing.

The rule that only allowed students to come to come to the library once a day went into place towards the middle of last year. Many students were upset with the decision made. 

Almost every student in triton will go to the library during their study to go get some work done. But around the middle of last year, a new rule was made saying that students may only go to the library for one of their do studies during the day. When the rule was set many students were not pleased with the rule because many did not think there was a good reason to make such a rule. 

The library is a great place to get any school work done with all of the helpful resources in there such as all the computers and chrome books. Many students who have more than one study would greatly benefit from being able to go whenever they needed to. 

“It is pointless, if you have two studies you have two studies for a reason you should be able to go to the library whenever you want to.” Said senior Kaelyn Scalley when asked about the rule. “The library is great, there’s a lot of books. Books are awesome, and Ms. Jones is in there she’s full of questions.” Said senior Andrew Maiuri when asked about his thoughts on the Triton library. 

Many of the seniors also think that if anything, seniors should be allowed to go at least twice a day to the library simply off of the fact that they have all of their school work plus anything they will have to complete to prepare for college. With all of the work seniors have to complete to prepare for college, such as their college essay, the library is one of the only places you would be able to do all of this.

One of the reasons for the rule going into place towards the middle of last year was due to the fact that if all students could simply go to the library for any study they had that there would not be enough available space or resources such as Chromebooks and desktops.

Something some people might not know about the library is that if you actually have a considerable amount of work and you have already gone to the library that you can see either Mr. Brennan or Ms. Dawe, show them the work you have to do then you can get a pass and you will be able to go for a second time.