Filed under Food & Marketplace

Fine Fast Food

Comparing a few of America’s staples, fast food restaurant.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fine Fast Food

A selection of fast food hamburger fare.

Wiki Media photo

Wiki Media photo

Wiki Media photo

Beevers
Picture of Seabrook McDonald’s

Seabrook, New Hampshire is one of the personal favorite spots for Triton senior Shane Hill. Hill says that he loves to go to places like McDonald’s or Wendy’s along with friends. McDonald’s and Wendy’s are two places that Hill loves to eat, but there are places like Burger King that he absolutely refuses to go.

“I hate Burger King. I’m just not a big fan of the food like I am for McDonald’s” stated Hill when asked about his hatred for Burger King.

Senior Nathan Cornoni is also a lover of McDonald’s, but he is a frequent customer at Wendy’s too. “My mom will usually buy me food on her way home from work. It’s always nice to see a Dave’s Double when she comes home.” Cornoni says he loves the burger’s at Wendy’s and that one of his favorite items is the Spicy Chicken sandwich.

While the McDonald’s, Wendy’s, and Burger King chains are successful, according to eatthis.com, McDonald’s fries, Big Mac burger, and Happy Meals are three of the most popular fast food items in the world.

Ever since its founding in 1955, McDonald’s has been growing more and raking in more and more cash. Wendy’s came years later in 1969, but Burger King was the first of the three, starting in 1954.  Despite being around the longest, Burger King only has a net worth of $3.5 billions according to thewealthrecord.com, compared to Wendy’s net worth of $4.03 billion, and McDonald’s whopping $141.45 billion according to MacroTrends.net.

All three of the chains are growing constantly. With over 36,000 locations in over 101 countries, McDonalds is the second largest fast food chain according to an article by worldatlas.com. Burger King comes in fifth with over 15,000, while Wendy’s falls into twelth on the list at only about 6,500 restaurants.

While both Hill and Cornoni aren’t the biggest fans of Burger King, senior Sam Rennick said he is fine with eating at Burger King. “I have no problem with their food. Some of my friends refuse to go there, but I’m not sure why, it’s pretty good.”

An article made by Time Magazine ranked some of the best fast food chains based off of customer experience, and cost of the food. On that list McDonald’s comes in 5th place, with Wendy’s following in 13th, and Burger King just barely making the list in 20th.

While personal opinion may have people liking Burger King or Wendy’s the most, statistics show that McDonald’s is actually the king of fast food.

About the Writer
Connor Beevers, Staff Writer

My name's Connor Beevers, or Beevs to my friends. I am graduating the year 2019. I really enjoy writing about sports, only sports. Not physical activities...