Chat GPT Takes Over

Chat GPT Takes Over

Cheating by using Chat GPT at Triton High School has become considerd a virus by some  faculty. The artificial intelligence bot seamlessly writes student essays and other school tasks at the push of a button. This technology has taken over the media and has flooded every teen’s TikTok over the past months. 

Chat GPT has had a bad impact on Triton. Multiple students have been caught using AI on their English assignments and various other classes that require written work. Students in the past have gotten suspensions because of using the AI bot. The AI bots are scattered throughout the Internet and are being advertised to teens as a simple alternative to doing school work. Several social medias are advertising to teens like tiktok to cheat on your work.

Chat GPT has been a virus in schools around the world. Using chat GPT for your school work at Triton is considered academic dishonesty and is punishable with up to a suspension, a zero on the assignment, or more, so if you think you want to try to take the easy way out, think for a bit about whether it is worth it. As the app has become more popular it’s advertised to an older high school audience, the ages 13 – 17, which gets the most ads about the app.

The Triton Voice also interviewed an anonymous source who uses chat GPT frequently in their school work. The source said that it’s a very efficient way to get work done. “The only thing that Chat GPT is affecting is the teachers.” In a lot of kids’ eyes, Chat GPT is a great way to get hard-to-write essays and difficult math assignments done. 

Chat GPT in high schools is ultimately a bad thing. It takes away the creative element of doing your schoolwork. If you use Chat GPT it won’t make you a better writer or help you at all besides getting schoolwork done that you should just do on your own. People need to start your chat GPT for other things like studying and learning how to be a better writer.