Matthew Perry’s death shocks many

Mackenzie Chaisson/adobeimages
Breaking news of Matthew Perry’s death being announced.

Matthew Perry, an actor loved by many shockingly passes away, and saddens the world.

Matthew Perry, known most for his role in “Friends” a TV show that aired in the late 1990’s to the  2000’s passed away last week at age 54. His death was a shock to all and many think it came too soon on October 28th 2023.

“We are shocked and deeply, deeply saddened by our beloved friend Matthew’s passing,” says his former castmates of “Friends”

Perrys death has shocked many, came too soon, and was extremely unexpected for everyone as well as students and teachers at Triton High School. Information from Parade.com article, Matthew Perry’s Death Certificate Confirms Preliminary Findings, States that at this time his cause of death was allegedly drowning although authorities don’t know all the details behind it. He has known to struggle with drinking and drug usage and has had several battles with recovery over his life.

An interview from Parade.com with Perry before he passed, talks about his longtime struggle with alcohol and drug usage. Although he was said to be two years sober when he died and did not relapse, it was an ongoing struggle of his life. “Alcohol really did save me for a while, Then it didn’t. It’s like your best friend turns to you and goes, Now I’m going to kill you. ” ” And then you raise your hand and say, I need help here,” said Perry in his interview with Parade.com.

Many around the world are devastated and heartbroken to hear the news, especially a big lover of “Friends” and Matthew Perry, Mrs. Erin Dempsey,an English teacher here at Triton.

Dempsey originally found out about Perry’s death from an Instagram  post, then a friend of hers later sent her a clip of an article about his death. Dempsey was very saddened and adored him and the show he starred in. “My whole classroom was “Friends”  until I changed it this year,” said Dempsey in her interview.

“I definitely want to read his book even more so than before.” Said dempsey. She also believes that his book is going to become very popular and more attention will be brought to him since his passing.

“I think everyone was very upset to hear that he passed,” says Sarah Ewell, a sophmore attending Triton. Ewell had been watching friends ever since she was little and loved watching the show. She mentioned every time Perry came into the scene she got excited and loved watching him in the show.

Ewell found out the devastating news on TikTok and couldn’t believe what she read. She then went on to find an article, and found out it really was true.

Rowan Cole, a junior at Triton states “I first found out from a tik tok and didn’t believe it.”. Cole, along with many others, agrees that, “it was extremely unexpected.” She mentioned that seeing someone she grew up watching pass away young was scary and sad.

Matthew Perry along with many actors and people who have passed have had an extreme effect on our society today. Even if you don’t know them personally , just simply watching them in a show or  movie can be very heartbreaking and sad to many.

“It is sad to see a funny talented person die so soon,” said Ewell.