Cars V. Phones

Two everyday useful items that have been a topic of discussion at Triton High School

One’s big, the other one is small, but both are important everyday items.

The car verse cell phone debate can be tricky. Both are used in everyday life. But which one is more important to Triton students?

“A phone is more important. If I didn’t have a car, but I had a phone I could call someone and ask for a ride somewhere,” said senior Kaelyn Scalley. 

A cell phone made it easier to stay in contact with family and friends who you don’t get to see that often. It can do almost everything you need it to do, tell the time, use the internet, and take pictures. 

Cars have made a huge impact on the world as we know it. It made traveling from one place to another so much easier. 

“The car is the greatest invention ever. Imagine trying to walk to Triton every day from Salisbury,” said senior Ethan Tremblay

Each object has its own downsides though. 

After doing a survey on the Triton High School Ice Hockey program, the Triton Voice discovered that 29 out of 40 of the players believe that cars are a better invention than cell phones. 

“Phones don’t pollute the air like cars do,” said senior Connor Kohan. Burning a gallon of gas produces 20 pounds of carbon dioxide. If you live on Salisbury Beach and you drive to school every day, then you are burning about a gallon of gas driving to school and back home, stated on 

“At any given moment I could have all my personal information taken from me and have my identity stolen and lose everything. That’s all because of my phone,” said senior Tyler Godfrey. An estimate of about 9 million people get their identity stolen every year

“We’re addicted to our phones. You walk in the hallway and you don’t even get a wave from one of your boys because their face is buried in their phone,” said junior Brady Lindholm. “When I was a freshman we would actually talk in the locker room, now if everyone is just silent and on their phone.”