Vision of a Graduate

New program comes to Triton with new principal.

(Photo taken in Mr. Kelley´s office by Beevers Photography)

New principal, Mr. Patrick Kelley, has a vision for Triton graduates where they have learned more real word skills. 

“In reality it will always be changing… the world is always changing,” said Kelley 

The purpose of making The Vision of a Graduate is to get the whole community to realize what a Triton graduate has learned and is able to do after graduation. 

The “Vision of a Graduate” is a new program here at Triton and it’s just in the high school right now, but they want it to stem down through the middle school and into the elementary schools. 

“It focuses both teachers and students on what’s important,” said Mr. Richard Fisher. “It also helps put the teacher back in check and focus on the student, and not the subject.”

Kelley wants Triton’s Vision of a Graduate to be based it off of the Shrewsbury public school’s vision. Theirs is critical thinking, leadership, global civilization, innovation, resilience, and collaboration. 

On October 4th, the half day, some students stayed after and worked with the teachers to find out what their vision of a graduate is. All the departments split up and worked on their own.

“Our next step is to combine all the departments into one big vision,” said Kelley. This one vision will have six to eight core values that won’t just pertain to school, but the whole community.