Senior of the Week: Ellie Odoy

Odoy: pictured above, poses for her senior portraits.

Grace Tanch, Staff Writer

Ellie Odoy of Rowley is spending her senior year representing and leading the Triton community in more ways than one. As an officer of The National Honors Society and President of the Foreign Language National Honors Society here at Triton, Odoy is constantly giving back to the Triton community.

Last year Odoy was an integral part of the NHS-led blood drive in which eligible students were given the opportunity to donate to the American Red Cross. In addition to community service, the NHS also proposes ideas to the school committee to make the Triton experience better for our students. On the topic of NHS and FLNHS, Odoy encourages qualified students to at least give it a try. Skeptical at first, she has come to understand that when it comes to these types of clubs, “you get out what you put in.”

Odoy is also co-captain of the Triton Volleyball team and plays club volleyball off-season. As one of the most experienced members of the team, Odoy offers advice and guidance to her teammates. When asked why she has grown to love the sport so much after joining freshman year on a whim, Odoy said, “More so than any other sport, communication and teamwork is essential and the best part is learning to develop your team’s dynamic.” Odoy plans on continuing with volleyball after high school and possibly playing on a club team in college.

Every year, the graduating class of 20__ will tell you to make the most of your time in high school because it goes by in the blink of an eye. Odoy is no exception. She advises freshman to get involved early on in high school and make connections with your teachers, something she wishes she had done more, as a recommendation can be the make-or-break factor of getting into your dream school. She also encourages all students to participate in the community: go all-out for homecoming, cheer on the football team, support the arts, etc. Odoy said Triton has helped her “become more confident in myself through joining clubs and sports. It has helped me improve my social skills.”

After high school, Odoy plans on attending college to study finance or economics. She plans on coming back to Triton to visit some of her favorite teachers and students. When asked what she will miss most about Triton, Odoy said, “The community, seeing your friends every day, and going to Triton events such as football games, musicals etc.”

Favorite Memory at Triton: “Travelling to Quebec with Madame Symmonds.”

Best Class at Triton: “AP Comp.”

Favorite Teacher(s): “Mrs. Norton and Mr. Dube.”

Best Part of Triton: “ There are teachers here that care so much about what they do and our success that it makes all the hard work worth it.”

Favorite Triton Event: “Homecoming/Spirit Week.”