Triton’s Wishlist

A school that doesn’t leak? A school where boys bathrooms that have toilets and stall doors? A school with quality meals?

Let’s face it, everyone wants at least one of these things for Triton. Sources went around the school for past week, asking students what they really wanted on Tritons “Wishlist” for the next school year, and the results surprisingly varied greatly.

One wish that a number of our students agree with, new school lunches. “I think we really need to have better food during lunch,” says junior Andrew Valianti, “I’m positive that other schools have better lunches than us.”

Andrew along with others, feel that in order to change our school lunches for the better, we need to start with healthier foods that aren’t as processed. It’ll give kids the healthful fuel they need to carry out the rest of a vigorous school day. Also, healthy school lunches will taste better too, giving students something to look forward to throughout the day.

Variously, senior Jeremy Duford wishes for something that runs deeper than just the school lunches. “What I want for the school in the future is actual student body representation,” he says, “The administration is close to a dictatorship, it takes zero input from the student body.”

This issue has been addressed many times throughout this year, and more and more students have began to notice. An amount of students who have gone to higher school officials to address issues of importance have experienced either radio silence or lack of action from officials on multiple occasions. Jack Crocker, junior, has much experience with this. “From arguing about my faulty grade in English class with my teacher, I went to guidance for help and got a meeting set up with my parents after school,” said Crocker, “After my teacher disagreed with me about my grade and guidance didn’t know how to help I went to the administration. Several meetings later and now it’s March and my issues got brushed to the side so many times and now it’s too late to fix them.”

On a more creative note, senior Gracie Burnim came up with a fun wish that she wants for the upcoming students. “It would be so cute if the school allowed people to paint their parking spots! It would be such a good group activity for the students, and it would definitely add more color to the school.”