Massachusetts May Field Next Presidential Candidates

Four Possible Candidates from MA

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren (courtesy warrenforma)

Savannah Nolan, Staff Writer

After the previous election of 2016 came to a wrap, the next 2020 election starts to blossom. Here are four potential nominees looking to run for the 2020 election, that are all from Massachusetts.

• Charlie Baker

Governor Charlie Baker was inaugurated as the 72nd Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on January 8th, 2015, after several decades of service in both state government and the private sector. To ensure Massachusetts continues to be a national leader in education, Governor Baker has invested over $4.6 billion in education funding, which is the highest level of local education aid in state history.  Charlie Baker is a Republican,and has been selectman of Swampscott. Charlie Baker is a possible nominee for the upcoming  presidential election in 2020.

Freshman, Samantha Protopapas explains that she hopes Governor Baker runs as a nominee for the Presidential Election of 2020. “I don’t know a lot on politics, but out of these 4 potential candidates, I think Charlie Baker would be the best one. The fact that he invests a lot of money in Massachusetts education is really impressive and makes me really happy. I think someone that takes the improvement of education very seriously should be president.” Said Protopapas.

1. Elizabeth Warren

Elizabeth Warren is a Democrat from Massachusetts who was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2012. She previously worked as Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, among several other roles. In her early life Warren was a brilliant student, and graduated high school at the age 16.Warren was the first member of her family to graduate college and later taught at several universities. Warren is a potential nominee for the 2020 election.

Freshman Aidan Gay-Killeen explains why he strongly believes Warren  should run.  “I want Elizabeth Warren to run. I think she’s a very good senator, who has really good credentials which would make her a good nominee. Plus my family likes her a lot.” Said Gay- Killeen

1. Joe Kennedy The third

Joe Kennedy the third is born and raised in Massachusetts as a democrat. Kennedy is currently serving his third term as Congressman of the fourth district of Massachusetts. Joe is fluent in Spanish and holds a bachelor’s degree in Management Science and Engineering from Stanford University as well as a J.D. from Harvard Law School. Like his previous relatives Kennedy hopes to be a future nominee of the presidential election of 2020.

Freshman Sarah Burd, explains how Kennedy’s family background is a very benefiting factor that will help him in the long run. “If he’s a Kennedy he has good blood. I think someone that’s related to a Kennedy has good leadership in their genes so I hope Joe Kennedy the third runs to keep the tradition alive.”

Courtsey image: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiwoKiV0oTUAhXCQBQKHfoGDkAQjhwIBQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fsethmoulton&psig=AFQjCNH0BcHtdkfwn_YCjS4EP0MW9H-J6w&ust=1495581701037033

1. Seth Moulton

Seth Moulton is a former Marine Corps officer and a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Massachusetts’s 6th congressional district. Moulton is currently serving his second term as a congressman in Massachusetts. He also serves on the House of Armed Services Committee ,and the House Budget Committee for Congress. He served four tours in Iraq as a Marine Corps infantry officer, including two as an infantry platoon commander and two as a Special Assistant to General David Petraeus. He left the Marines in 2008 with the rank of Captain, attended Harvard Business School and the Kennedy School of Government, and worked in the private sector.

Freshman Kylie Lorenzo expresses how she strongly supports Moulton because of his military background.

“”Personally I appreciate all the hard work our military, and armed forces put in to protect our country. So I think someone who’s been there and seen it all would be the best person to run for president. When I heard about  Seth Moulton, and his strong military background, I was just astonished and just immediately wanted him to run. ” Said Lorenzo.