Hydro Flask vs. Yeti

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hydro Flask vs. Yeti

Photo of Gianna Conte (Right) and Kaia Cohen (Left) holding their Hydro Flask and Yeti.

Erin Gershuny

Erin Gershuny

Erin Gershuny

Kelly Sharkey and Erin Gershuny

Thermoses have been around for over one hundred years, but why now all of a sudden these two bottles, Yeti and Hydro Flask becoming such a huge trend around Triton.

Thermos was the original metal water bottle back in the day over a hundred years ago. They were not as popular as the two new Thermoses, Yeti and Hydro Flask, that became popular around last year for Triton, but continues to grow in popularity.

We don’t know if it’s Yeti’s and Hydro Flask videos that they have on their website that attract people and get them buying their product or if it’s just for there looks and how people have rated it.

Triton High School students spoke about the controversy of which Thermos is better, Hydro Flask or Yeti.  

Both of these Thermoses are made to keep the beverage inside hot or cold. Student, Gianna Conte, spoke out on which one she likes better.

“I like Yetis because they really keep everything cold. One time I had ice in it for probably almost 24 hours and there was still ice in it”, said Conte.

Student Emily Debenedictis had a similar experience with her Yeti.

“My mom made me an iced coffee in my Yeti in the morning and I forgot it at home, but when I got home in the afternoon there was still ice in it,” said Debenedictis.

There are also other reasons why some students would prefer Yeti over Hydro Flask. Conte said, “They also have very pretty colors.”

Yetis are provided in various different colors and are only $29.99 for a 20oz bottle. As opposed to a Hydro Flask which also comes in various colors and they are one ounce bigger for $32.95.

Student Kaia Cohen chose to get a Hydro Flask based on the look.

“I like my Hydro Flask because it has an aesthetic,” said Cohen.  

Cohen also said, “It keeps my drinks cold. If I don’t have a cold drink throughout the day I get headaches.”

Even teachers around Triton Have caught onto the trend. Spanish teacher, Jennifer Scott has a Hydro Flask but doesn’t have an opinion about which one is better.

“I would think they’re the same” said Scott. She also added, “ It was a very nice gift from a student, and I love it!”

There still is no valid reason to why these two bottles have grew so much in popularity over the year, either its quality, aesthetic or how it is price wise but it’s still a huge trend that goes around Triton.

Both these Thermoses have become a huge trend around Triton. A lot of students have them. Often students fight about which is better. There is no clear winner, but students have their opinions on the matter.

About the Contributors
Kelly Sharkey, Staff Writer

My names Kelly Sharkey, class of 2020. What I enjoy about writing for the news is reporting about things students would be interested in reading. I play...

Erin Gershuny, Staff Writer

Erin Gershuny is a junior at Triton High school and She will be graduating in 2020. Erin manages the girls soccer team after school and on weekends babysits....