Preparing for Winter

Winter calls for many things and they can be good things or bad things. Some students of Triton told the Triton Voice about these things.

courtesy Triton Voice archives

Snowy driving is ahead this winter

Andrew Maiuri, Staff Writer

Preparing for Winter

The Pros and Cons of This Coming Winter

By: Andrew Maiuri

Junior, Kaelyn Scalley says that she is not looking forward to driving in the snow and bad weather.

“Driving in the snow doesn’t bother me” Scalley said, before she realized that she has not exactly had her license long enough to say that. “I haven’t experienced a full winter with my license yet so maybe it will start to bother me.”.

There are many things to take into consideration and think about while driving in the snow and bad weather. Scalley says “What worries me is when there is a bad snow storm and it is icy, anything can happen.”.  

Now that winter is approaching many things come into consideration. Warmer clothes come out, conditions get worse, not many people want to drive, and we are all very close to being desperate for a nice vacation. After talking to a few students of the high school I found that there are things to look forward to as well as things that are not looked forward to as much.

Winter can be dreadful. With that being said a vacation would be ideal for just about anybody. Junior Jesse Wilkinson says

“My family and I are going on a vacation this winter around December-January to get away from the cold and all of the bad weather”. Said Junior, Jesse Wilkinson. Wilkinson says that he is happy about the vacation “So I can get away from school for a while and enjoy my time somewhere warm with my family and have no worries.”.

“I like to be comfortable and most of my comfortable clothes are also very warm so it works out well” Conte said. With winter coming very shortly it is now time for us to prepare our closets with the warm and comfortable clothes that we have all been waiting to wear. Junior, Gianna Conte says Conte says she is excited to wear her warm clothes. “I am most excited to break out my black puffy Northface jacket because it’s really warm and is also my favorite thing to wear when it’s really cold”. Conte has an outfit in mind every time she wakes up to find out that it is chilly outside. “My go to outfit when it is cold out and i want to be comfortable all day is leggings and a sweatshirt.”.

As we see our last few weeks of winter fly by in the blink of an eye, students and staff will be making changes to their everyday life such as getting warmer clothes ready to wear, taking precautions while driving on the slippery roads of New England, and getting ready to take a nice vacation with the family.