Homecoming Hot Off the Press

Class+of+2020%E2%80%99s+homecoming+theme+set+up+last+year+%282017%29+

Courtesy Triton Voice archive

Class of 2020’s homecoming theme set up last year (2017)

Maggie Bowen, Staff Writer

Homecoming Hot off the Press

Previews for Triton’s 2019 Annual Homecoming Pep Rally

Junior class officers Ava Ford and Paige Volpone are excited about their class’s homecoming theme and set up for this year.

Ford has been a class officer for three years now, and Volpone has been a class officer for two years. The junior class voted on the theme Finding Nemo for homecoming 2019.

“We chose this theme because we were trying to think of shows or movies from when we were little that we could do. So we came up with Finding Nemo, and Finding Dory.” Said Volpone.

Every year before Thanksgiving, Triton High School has a pep rally that involves every class throughout the high school competing in fun activities with each other. These activities include tug-of-war, crab soccer, volleyball, and relay races.

“We also came up with Shrek, and Mario Kart. We wanted to do something that we could make a lot of decorations to and also something with an easy skit and a bunch of characters.” Said Ford. Ford tells us to prepare for homecoming so far, the class officers have started the script and have had meetings on Monday Tuesday Wednesdays and Thursdays, before and after school.

“We’ve been doing that and talking about decorations and how to start everything and get our supply list together and then were going to start buying it and putting all of our supplies out,” Volpone stated.

Theresa Karol, a librarian at Triton, also a part of the making of homecoming, spoke about preparing for the pep rally. Karol is helping the junior class gather new ideas and make sure everything is going as smooth as it could be.

“I think that their preparations and their ideas are coming along really well. We just need to start executing the final plan,” Karol said. Being prepared is something that can never hurt, Karol believes the junior class is already well prepared for homecoming. “ I think after the last couple of years i know what’s coming, It’s a good time.”

The sophomore class chose Shrek as this year’s theme for homecoming. The class officers, along with the help from other students, have been creating a skit to perform in front of the whole school along with gathering decorations for the gymnasium.

Students outside of the sophomore class are wondering how the sophomores are going to approach how they are dressing up for this theme. Ogres, fairies, donkeys, cats, and other mythical creatures are costumes that people plan to be.

The senior class has voted on their theme to be Aladdin. The students along with the class officers have been working hard to make their senior year homecoming the best they can make it. It is up to this years senior class to continue the title of having the seniors be the reigning champions. Deciding on what to wear for Aladdin as a theme has been a  bit of a struggle for some seniors.

Triton’s 2019 freshman class has not yet decided on a theme for this year’s homecoming pep rally. Hopefully the freshmen make enough time for themselves to be prepared, create a skit, and set up all of their decorations.

Not only does Triton have a pep rally before Thanksgiving, but the entire school week before that is Spirit Week. Each day of the week has a certain theme and the students compete to see which class has the most spirit. This is determined by whichever class has the most students dressed up for that particular day. Students from all classes, and even staff dress up each day of the week. For this year’s homecoming, the dress up days include USA day, Decade day camouflage day, Pj day, Hawaiian day, and Theme color day.