Triton High School’s Rap Game

Aaron (turb) poses for instagram

Aaron (turb) poses for instagram

courtesy photo

courtesy photo

Aaron (turb) poses for instagram

Anthony Ostrander & Abbie Magee, Staff Writers

Triton High School has a history when it comes to the art of rapping. Aaron Schlosberg and Vincent Forni of Triton enjoy making music of their own during their free time.

A few student rappers were asked a few questions about their rapping career. A junior,  Schlosberg, also known as “Turb,” is one of the schools most prominent artists and has been making music since middle school.

“Turb’s” kickstart to his career was when he released the popular song “Who put the Fuego Out”, a friendly diss on fellow student, Jorge Castaneda. Turb is known for his slow, monotone beat and vulgarity-laced music

“I have to say I’m most inspired by XXXtentacion.” His style of music really speaks to me”. Among his recent works, was his album called “Ego Death.” Turb’s beats are very similar to XXXtentacion’s, meaning that they are mellow, emotional, and meaningful. The quote on the album cover explains his objective that he wants to get across as the meaning of the album, which says, “The complete loss of subjective self-identity”. This album is out on the app called “Soundcloud.” Turb has more work emerging soon.

Another student rapper, Vincent Forni, also know as “Vince,” came to the rap game last year, during his sophomore year at Triton. Vince is also known for slow rap songs that tackle the subject of love, and overall life and similarly Vince also draws inspiration from rapper XXXtentacion, and his beats are similar to Turb’s as well. Vince’s most popular song, “Just Keep Hatin’, traveled rapidly around the Triton community, and people loved it. An iconic line from the hit, “Just Keep Hatin’”, is “Your just jealous, because I am better than you”. This line captured the attitude of Vince as a whole. He is proud of his music and plans to keep continuing it.

“If I could give advice to new rappers, it’s to go for it and don’t care what people say” .

In November, be sure to stop and take a listen to his upcoming album, “See My Pain.” Students are very excited to hear how it turns out.

There are many more people in the Triton community who use rapping as an outlet to express their creativity and personality yet to be discovered. If you or anyone you know has an interesting talent or hobby, and you want to be noticed, Triton Voice encourages you to reach out to us, and we will help you recieve the exposure you deserve.