New School, Same Building

Local teacher moved down to middle school after budget cuts.

Connor Beevers, Staff Writer

For new teachers, the first day can be a blur of learning names, preparing for the year, and of course, adapting to a new environment. This was the case for Triton’s new middle school teacher, Max Enos.

Max Enos used to work as an English teacher in the high school, teaching Freshmen CP and 2 Literary Nonfiction classes, but due to recent teacher movements, he is working in the middle school now. In the high school he was liked very much by his students, like Riley Keeler from his Freshman CP class,  who when asked about having him as a teacher says “He was really nice and easy going and was really patient with my class.” When asked about how she felt about him being moved, Riley was optimistic with the change, saying “I am happy for him that he got moved to the middle school. I think it’ll be a good fit for him and he’ll help the middle schoolers coming up to high school to be prepared.” Mr. Enos received a lot of praise from his students, but was able to balance a good teacher-student relationship, while also being a solid teacher and making sure to actually teach his students.

Mr. Enos was moved due to open positions from budget cuts, but it was a move he expected, saying “I was aware that things might happen with budget cuts… I kind of expected it second half of the year.” Enos says he does miss the high schools English department, “but the kids here are great too so either one of them is fine.”

With a total of 6 years under his belt as a teacher, teaching in places like Korea, Oxford MA, Providence RI for a summer, Lowell MA, Triton High School, and now Triton Middle School. He says these places have helped him, from one of his first experiences teaching in Lowell which he says toughened him up, to learning how to be patient from teaching people whose second language is English in Korea, Max has quite a lot of experience, saying that he “hopes that these different teaching jobs can help me adapt quickly to the middle school.”