The Exchange Student

Vincent Forni, Staff Writer

The Exchange Student

Vincent Forni

E Period

9/21

He’s the new kid from London who has been getting some attention for his skills in hockey. Now Mason Alderson is here in America to join a club full of very highly skilled players who could possibly be in NHL in the near future.

“I don’t know if I’ll be in NHL yet, I’ve just came to join this club with a bunch of other skilled players and for good scholarships.” said Mason.

Alderson has always loved hockey and does it to follow his father’s footsteps. His dad played hockey also, and brought him up to play hockey as a little kid.

English teacher Mr. Joe Colbert enjoys Alderson and thinks he’s a very good student.

“He’s very respectful, he even calls me sir. I wish more kids would call me sir here in Triton,” Colbert said. “He fits right in, seems to have made some friends.”

Alderson was asked what he thinks of Triton so far.  “It is a lot like the American movies, I’ve also made new friends. But I don’t like how you have to stay in cafeteria for lunch. In London, we could go to Mcdonalds or get some pizza then come back. But I do like wearing whatever I want. In london, we had uniforms,” he said.

He enjoys wearing whatever he wants more than having to wear uniforms. He also talked about how he has come here to join a club with a group of kids that are very skilled in hockey and could possibly end up in the NHL.

A fellow student and friend of Alderson Kelly Sharkey was asked a couple questions about him. “For someone new to school, I wouldn’t think to be friends with them. I think he’s nice and funny.”Kelly said.

She has known him for three weeks and thinks he is a good guy and they usually talk in class a lot.