Summer Movies

Erin Drew and Maddie Fecteau, Staff Writers

Many students are excited for the new incredibles movie.“I can’t wait for Incredibles 2 to come out because it looks sick, it’s a good plotted, family movie,” said junior Nathan Cornoni, who is excited for the new Disney movie. The first Incredibles movie was a success so maybe the sequel will follow in its footsteps.

The beginning of summer marks a lot of things; no school, getting to sleep in, getting tan, and time for new movies to hit the theaters. On the rainy summer days or the days when people need to get out of the sun many people go to the movies.

Some of the movies coming out this summer include Oceans, Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mamma Mia 2, Mission: Impossible- Fallout,  Solo Star Wars Movie, Avatar 2 and Deadpool.

People have been waiting for some these movies to come out for a long time. Most people are excited about the sequels that are coming out.

“I am most excited for Incredibles 2 to come out because I’ve been waiting for it to come out for so long, it was my favorite childhood movie,” said junior, Maggie Summit, the first movie came out in November of 2004.

Another sequel that is coming out this summer is another favorite, Mama Mia 2, the first one came out in July of 2008.  “Mama Mia is the movie I am most excited for because the first one was my favorite movie,” said junior, Grace McGonagle.

Junior Lindsey Gardella, who works at Cinema 95 in Salisbury, said “it usually doesn’t get too much busier during the summer, but it really depends on the weather and if a new movie comes out that day and what movies we are playing.”

Connor Beevers is excited about the new Jurassic Park movie,  Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, “because I really like dinosaurs. They’re so cool, and I am a huge fan of the Jurassic Park Series, RAWR XD.” Jurassic Park movies started coming out in 1993 and the last one came out in 2015.

Avatar came out in December of 2009 and has a sequel coming out this summer. “Avatar 2 is the movie I’m most excited for because the first one was so colorful, it’s so exotic. It’s definitely a much different movie than usual but also definitely the best movie coming out this summer,” said  junior Sammy Rennick.