Bus Changes

Budget cuts result in changes to Triton vehicle transportation.

This is a “short bus” that Triton is considering switching to. (Courtesy photo)
Bus+Changes

Emily Muzi & Katie MacDonald, Staff Writer

Triton is thinking of changing the sports team use for transportation from standard big school buses to shorter school buses. $30,000 is how much Triton would save a year if the school were to lease bigger vans to use instead of busses.
      This idea has recently been brought to the table due to the budget issues triton is currently dealing with, and these vans would replace busses and would be for any programs  in the school to use. The vans could be used for various activities such as, the “sport-teams can use them, the 18-22 program can use them [the vans] if they wanted to go shopping or if TLC wanted to use them to go out they could” said Principle Tim Ruggere.
      “It’s a really idea and in 10 years we would save $300,000” said Ruggere.

Student and sophomore Ethan Tremblay said, “as a three sport athlete I’ve always liked taking the bus with the team and personally feel like taking vans would ruin the experience.”
       Junior Paige Zuqowski “I don’t think taking a van would bother me, and if they saved the school money, more money could go to the athletics programs.”
       Switching over to leasing vans instead of always using busses could be beneficial to the school. As stated by Principle Ruggere, the school could save $30,000, totaling up to $300,000 over 10 years. This small switch could be a start to fixing tritons budget problem.