Senior Spotlight

Julia Plummer, Staff Writer

As the 2017-2018 school year comes to a close, Triton voice continues to recognize some of Triton’s seniors.

Senior Sean Hirtle has played hockey ever since he can remember, and his hockey career has come to a close after this past winter season. Hirtle spent all four years of high school on the varsity team.

In the fall, Hirtle is attending UMaine-Orono, and is majoring in athletic training. He says his dream would to be a trainer for a professional sports team. He is unsure of whether or not he will be continuing hockey in college.

“Going away to college, I’m  excited for a change of environment and meeting new people,” he said, “It’s sad leaving my friends but it’s time for a change.” said Hirtle.

“My favorite memory from Triton is from junior year, at one of the Port hockey games. Port games are always crazy, but this game was more exciting because we beat them, and it was the first time we had beaten them in a long time,” he said.

Senior Carly MacDonald always had a love for performing. She cheered all four years of high school (fall and winter), and was a two-time captain. She also played softball up until sophomore year when she switched into spring track. Carly was involved in the arts, singers, jazz choir, and drama.

Carly will be going across the country to California in the fall, attending California State-Long Beach to study film and narrative production.

“I’m so excited to go to California, it has always been my dream,” she said. “I’m hoping to sing, act, and dance while I’m out there,” said MacDonald.

“My favorite memory is definitely writing the homecoming skits, it honestly made me realize what I wanted to do with my future,” she said.

Senior Will Parsons played on Triton’s varsity basketball team all four years of high school. He was captain both junior and senior year and scored his 1,000th point this past season. Parsons was also involved in DECA and the Community Service Club.

In the fall, he will be attending Emmanuel College where he will be continuing his basketball career. He is unsure of what he will be studying, but is considering sports management.

“I’m very excited to start playing basketball for Emmanuel, it’ll be a whole new team and playing at the college level will be a whole new experience,” said Parsons.

“My favorite memory from Triton is scoring 1,000 points this year,” he said. “It was the best feeling, and my family and a lot of the school was there to support and congratulate me,”

Senior Taylor Penniman was voted by the class “Busiest Bee”, and that sure is true. Taylor spent four years at Triton as a member of a total of 10 clubs, and was part of the E-board in student council, and was a Community Service club officer/vice president. She also played softball all four years: she’s spent junior and senior year on varsity and is a senior captain.

Penniman will be attending Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston, hoping to get into graphic design and advertising after graduating.

“I love art and always have,” said Penniman. “I’m excited to go to a school that is dedicated to something I am passionate about,” she said.

“My favorite memory from Triton is this year, I’ve been spending four periods a day in the art room,” she said.