They say times change, but really dreams change

It is always fun to dream when you are younger, until the fall of senior year hits you and you need to make a decision. Then what? Then you have to evaluate a real career potential.

Rachel Lees, Staff Writer

You think that when you are younger everything is so simple. We all have crazy dreams when we are young, but very few people are able to carry out those dreams. Your dreams can not always become a reality. Whether it be to become a millionaire, professional athlete, or a zookeeper, people quickly realize that those dreams may not be as attainable as a child might think.

After asking several seniors, it was clear that not many could say that they still wanted to be what they said when they were younger. Triton Voice investigated further a few individuals in the senior class:

Cameron Willey: (camera shy)

What did you want to be when you were younger?

“When I was younger I wanted to be a chef. I got this idea because my dad had  cooked a bunch and I thought it was cool.”

When did you realize that it was not what you wanted to do?

“When I grew up, I began to realize it wasn’t what I really liked, and it became a silly goal”

What are your plans for after Triton?

“I am planning on committing to UVM in the fall and I will be studying nursing.”

Are you planning on participating in any clubs, sports, or Greek life?

“I am planning on rushing a fraternity, but I am unsure if I will because of a lack of time. I will have to perfect my time management because of my heavy course load.”

Chris Brennan

“When I was younger I wanted to be a gymnast.”

“When I was about 12 and I hadn’t taken any gymnastic classes yet. I did not receive any support from my parents, but now, I am glad they didn’t.”

What are your plans for after Triton?

“I plan to attend Assumption College in the fall, and study communications and foreign languages. Through those studies I plan to travel to their campus in Rome and other countries that I find interesting.”

“I plan on participating in outdoor clubs, such as slacklining and creative writing clubs. I am considering running track for the school, but I am planning on focusing more on my studies and hobbies. Additionally, I will not be participating in any Greek life.”

Colin Ganzenmuller

When I was younger, I wanted to be a professional baseball player. Baseball was a huge part of my life growing up. Additionally, I grew up watching the red sox and my grandparents were a huge influence on me because they knew people who were able to get my family tickets.”

What are your plans for after Triton?

“I am planning on attending UMASS Amherst in the fall. I am planning on studying business, because I would like to create my own business someday. I don’t want to sit at an ‘office job’ all day. I would like to do something more creative and something that you can continuously improve at.”

“I am not planning on doing any sports for the school, but I plan on loading up my schedule with a lot of intramurals. Also, I am not planning on joining Greek life.”

Emily Muzi

When I was younger, I wanted to be an actress and go on Disney Channel. I wanted to sing and be in big movies, such as Princess Protection Program.”

“I realized when I was about 14, a freshman in high school, that maybe I cannot be a princess. That was when I realized that I wanted to be a pediatrician because of my love for kids. I then realized that the medical field is a lot of time and commitment, and maybe that isn’t right for me.”

What are your plans for after Triton?

“I am unsure of where I will be attending in the fall, but I plan on majoring in public health, and going into health administration and policy.”

“Originally, I wanted to rush a sorority, but my perspective has since changed. I realized that the culture associated with it is not worth the money and time. I was also a little unsure about the peer pressure aspect of the group.

Olivia Doane

When I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian because I have always had a strong love for animals.”

“I think I realized my sophomore year that I didn’t feel as though I would enjoy certain aspects of being a vet, and that it would be a sad job. When I broke my thumb, I was constantly around doctors and PA and that sparked my interest to go into the medical field.”

What are your plans for after Triton?

“In the fall I will be attending UMASS Boston and I will be studying exercise and health sciences.”

“I am playing softball for UMASS in the spring and will be catching for the team.”