Senior of the Week: Casey White

White poses for her senior portraits (White photo).

Grace Tanch, Staff Writer

On any given day, senior Casey White can be seen rushing off to class, tennis practice, volunteering, or work. With such a hectic schedule, White has still found time to make her own impact on the Triton community.

White frequently volunteers at the Merrimack River Feline Rescue in Salisbury. Between junior and senior year, she has amassed a total of 176 hours. At the shelter, she feeds, plays with, and takes care of homeless cats and kittens from the area.

“I love hanging out with all the kittens and it feels good to try to improve the lives of these animals that have had it so tough so far,” said White.

Since her sophomore year, White has been a dedicated member of the Triton Girls Tennis team. She has been elected co-captain of the team for the 2018 season, alongside junior Meri Fullford. In her final season, White will be the starting second singles player for the Vikings.

“I have been playing tennis my whole life with my family so joining the high school team sophomore year was an easy decision. I’m excited to be the senior captain this year and to lead our team through a hopefully very good season,” said White.

Since junior year, White has also been a dedicated member of the robotics team,  National Honors Society and Community Service Club at Triton. She regularly participates in various community service and leadership events as well.

This fall, White will be joining the UMass Amherst Class of 2022 to study economics. She’s not yet sure where her economics degree will take her, but she wants to focus on either public policy, business, or use a minor in statistics to become an actuary. She’s eager to figure that out in her time at UMass.

“My favorite events at Triton have to be homecoming, prom, and Mr. THS. I think the school does a good job of bringing the whole student body together every once in a while for some fun,” said White.

“As excited as I am to graduate and start college, I will miss my friends and the memories I’ve made here at Triton,” said White.

“Casey is one of the coolest people you will ever meet. She has definitely made her impact on not only her immediate friend group but also the entire Triton community,” said a friend of White, Abby Confalone.

“Casey is extremely smart and not just in an academic way. She’s going to do big things with her life,” said another friend, Jonah Davis.

“I’m excited to see what kinds of things she’s going to be up to in the next four year and beyond. She has a good work ethic and a strong mind; she can do just about anything she puts her mind to,” said Triton Girls Tennis coach Courtney Gilman.