The Man of the School, Mr. THS

The Man of the School, Mr. THS

Katie MacDonald, Staff Writer

“One of the best and funniest Mr. THS shows I have ever been too” said junior Kelly Kozlowski after she attended the Mr. THS competition hosted by the senior class on friday night.

Mr. THS is a beauty and talent pageant where male students compete and are judged in different categories to win the title as Mr. THS. This pageant has been held at Triton High School for a few years now and has became a popular event to attend.

The show was hosted by senior Owen Heffernan and the male students that competed in this year’s competition were seniors: Eric Fournier, Anthony Lentz , Henrik Ernst, Chris Brennan, and Will Parsons. Juniors: Jeremy Duford, Wasif Shawman, Sammy Rennick, and Franklin Cohen, and sophomore Ethan Tremblay.

The contestants started in the formal wear category where they wore what they believed to be a formal outfit and were escorted on stage.

“ My favorite part of the formal wear category was when Jeremy Duford was escorted by Izzy Hartman. She was so cute and I liked that it was unexpected and different”, said senior Meredith Kennedy.

The contestants then participated in a questionnaire round. The contestants were each asked a different question and were supposed to answer it to the best of their abilities. During this round senior and contestant Will Parsons surprised the crowd and prom-posed to his girlfriend on stage.

The next part of the competition was the swimsuit category. For this competition there was a wide array of outfits worn. Some wore classic swim shorts, while others wore scuba diving wetsuits, some wore the shortest shorts they could find, and one contestant had on a bikini top.

“I thought it was really funny when Jeremy Duford poured a bucket of water over his head,” said sophomore Kaelyn Scalley.

The last part of the show was the talent portion. During this show contestants sang, danced, did magic and comedy, one contestant even drank a bottle of hot sauce.

One of the most popular acts during the talent segment was when senior Anthony Lentz belly danced on stage to the song Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira. His act had the audience moving along with him and received a very loud round of applause.

“ It was so much fun when Anthony Lentz came on stage and started belly dancing because he had the whole crowd involved” said senior Kara Hartman

In the end only one can be named Mr. THS, so when the judges where deliberating, host and senior Owen Heffernan did a surprise bit and danced to the song Single Ladies, which he performed in the Mr. THS show last year.

Afterwards, Ms. Dempsey shared the results with the school. In second place was junior Jeremy Duford and the winner was Anthony Lentz.