Happy Valentine’s Day!

Audrey Caron and Aliyah Frasca, Staff Writers

Happy Valentine’s day!

A day full of love and laughter

It’s that time of year again… Valentine’s Day! From year to year students seem to spend it differently but at the end of the day it’s all about spending time with those you care about. To show your affection Triton is doing the annual flower sales, so go out and buy that special person a carnation or take the quiz to find out who you could be sending a carnation to!

Valentine’s Day is viewed as a day full of flowers, chocolates, and notes sealed with a kiss. But not for all, others may look at it as a commercial Holiday with high expectations of gifts. When in a relationship this day can be full of love… but do you have to be in a relationship for it to be so?

“Honestly, I’m not the biggest fan of Valentine’s Day. When in a relationship it can be enjoyable, but there’s always the pressure of buying someone that right gift, with flowers and chocolates. I just feel the Holiday can be over the top at times with higher expectations than needed,” says Onica Mooney.

“Valentine’s Day isn’t my favorite holiday but I still enjoy it. A lot of people don’t like Valentine’s day because they think it’s only for people in relationships but I always thought it was a fun holiday because people bring candy to school and my dad has always gotten me chocolate and candy. I definitely think that it is a more enjoyable holiday if you’re in a relationship but it’s also fun to celebrate by showing other people you care for them like your friends and family,” says Lynn Wideberg.

Although this big day may be viewed as commercial or flashy, it’s also a day to show you appreciate your loved ones.

“I love Valentine’s Day. No matter how you spend it, I look at it as a day to show you care for people. I’ve always enjoyed seeing the people around me be so happy on days like these. I like that the school has flower sales and seeing people’s faces when they receive them,” says Sarah Gilbert.

“I think Valentine’s Day is a great holiday and it is definitely not over the top. I love receiving gifts, as well as giving gifts to people such as my mother and girlfriend. It’s a day of love and a time to appreciate the ones you care for,” says Max McKenzie.

You may be looking for a way to show you care for someone special or even just a simple gift to give, if so buy a $1 carnation from Ms. Dempsey on Valentine’s Day to do so!

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, go take the Quiz to determine who your most compatible, and top matches are in the High School!

We make 39 cents from each carnation that is sold. It goes to Student Council and we will use the money to offset the cost of the conferences we attend. I think that the students like to see it. so for that I would say it was successful but as anything we can make it better for next year,” says Stacey Beaulieu.