Apple Trend

Apple products continue to grow in popularity. But why?

Apple+Trend

Gabrielle Lowry, Staff Writer

Sophomore Gianna Conte loves her Apple phone and doesn’t plan on getting rid of it.

“It’s just how it’s always been, whether it gets worse or better. After buying my first phone, I loved it, and now I’m just so used to it,” said Conte.

The raves for iphones have been big ever since their first phone came out. The slick look of the glass screens and the technology that no one has ever seen before is something everyone has wanted to get their hands on recently.

Since the start, technology has advanced and Apple’s competitors are catching up. So the real question is, why are people continuing to purchase Apple phones when the variety has grown?

Loyalty beyond reason has proven that our society often seems to stick with one known brand as people may find it safe. These types of brands are built off of their usage and respect from the public. Once people buy something they like, getting hooked on it is easy. Everything else soon grows foreign in that aspect and all you want is what you have.

“My parents have Samsung’s and to be honest, they’re kind of weird. It’s nothing I’m interested in or will consider using after I’ve seen them and how they work,” said junior Justina Donoghue. “I’m used to my Apple phone.”

With Apple’s technology starting out, they were seen as geniuses. No matter if Samsung came out with the same technology before them; If Apple made it, people wanted it.

When Apple first came out with their phone, it is was so new to the world that people got addicted. After loving something like that, another phone brand seemed pointless for having to relearn the technology.

After using a specific product for a long period of time, whether it’s a phone, clothing, or even food, trying anything new puts some people in a predicament of decisions.

It’s become a big trend to have the new Apple phones once they come out. The trend has grown to the point were people will buy their phones even if they think it’s good or not. For example, the iphone X came out in early November and many people have pre ordered the product even after its dramatic change.

The easy software of an Apple phone has become a favorite. The plain and simple layout, the easy to find apps, and the fast to learn technology is something people don’t want to give up. But what many people have been ignoring is it’s problems. Apple phones have had a lot of issues in the past that have been getting in the way of it’s everyday use; some including the battery becoming weaker, the software issues, and the phone generally breaking after time.

“Even though my Apple phone has a lot of problems, I keep upgrading because it’s just a popular product,” said sophomore Connor Kohan. “It would be too confusing to switch over now and what I have, everyone else does.”

The loyalty that Apple has from its users proves why it’s so popular. The phones may be expensive, but the name brand gets people to buy it more and more. Whether it’s cheap or not, an Apple phone is what the people are going to get.

There is no reason for the Apple trend to be around besides the fact that it’s relatively new technology. After Apple made it’s biggest changes and upgrades to their phones, the rave began to fade but the trend is still alive.

There is no explanation for the cause of the Apple trend, but what they’ve created seems to make people happy.