Winter Sports Recap December 18-22

Winter sports scores from basketball, wrestling, swimming, track, and hockey for the week of December 18th to the 22nd.

Marlee Smirh, Staff Writer

As the winter sport season has just begun, all the sports are off to a good start. The sports this season are boys and girls basketball, wrestling, boys and girls swimming, boys and girls track, and boys and girls hockey.
Boys basketball had a game at Georgetown High School on Tuesday December 19 won 48-34. The game was very close, but the boys pulled it together in the fourth quarter and got their first win of the season. Their next game is on December 26 against Newburyport. The captain for this season is Will Parsons.
Girls basketball played Georgetown on Tuesday December 19 and won 41-27. Kerry Power and Bridget Sheehan both scored 8 points. The Vikings have a game December 22 against Saugus, but the game was cancelled due to weather. The captains for this year are Kate Carter and Alex Kennedy.
Boys and girls track have a meet in Boston next week and there record for the season so far is 0-2. The captains for the girls team this year are Sofie Desimone, Chalee Welch, Apphia Donoghue, Sara Stackpole, and Sydney Accomando. The boys captains are Liam Gay Killeen, Chris Brennan, and Diego Fernandez
Girls hockey played Ducksbury on December 20th and won 3-1. Senior Riane Vatcher scored one goal along with the other two goals scored by Masconomet teammates. The captains for this year’s team are Riane Vatcher and Masconomet teammates Kate Irons and Sami Kelleher.
Boys hockey played Methuen on December 20 and lost 2-9. The two goals were scored by Brad Killion and Connor Kohan. The captain for this season is Kyle Mckendry and the two assistant captains are Dylan Leavitt and Joey Conte.
Wrestling had a meet at Georgetown high school on December 21 and won 37-36. The Vikings record is now 5-0. Jared Durkin won his match and earned his 100th career win. The captains for this season are Steven Particelli, Jared Durkin, and Brandon Eppa