Review on Popular Christmas Movie ELf

Katie MacDonald, Staff Writer

Elf is a very popular Christmas movie that stars Will Ferrell who plays the character Buddy, an elf, that moves to New York City from the North Pole.

Buddy is an elf that lives at the North Pole and discovers at the age of 30 that his father lives in New York City. With the hopes of finding his father, Buddy the elf decided to take a journey out of his comfort zone and left his home at the North Pole to go to New York City.

This movie is a very sweet and funny movie that is perfect to watch with family or friends. Elf is a well liked movie and received a score of 84% on a ratings website called Rotten Tomatoes.

The website Rotten Tomatoes says that Elf is a “movie full of Yuletide cheer. A spirited, good-natured family comedy, and it benefits greatly from Will Ferrell’s funny and charming performance as one of Santa’s biggest helpers.”

Elf received an audience score of 78% and is definitely a fan favorite at Triton High School as well.

Senior Tina Gordon said “Elf is one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch with my nieces! Elf always makes me laugh and the kids love it too!”

Another senior, Julia Cordeau, said “When babysitting around the holidays I always throw on Elf to watch with the children. They love it and although I favor some other Christmas movies more, it’s definitely a great movie to watch.”

Elf is a great movie to watch with the family and contains a lot of comical scenes and benefits from the humor and charm of Will Ferrell.

Senior Matt Detato said “ I love the movie elf! My favorite scene is definitely when Buddy decorates his father’s apartment for Christmas and jumps on the tree at the end and knocks the whole tree over.”

Elf is definitely worth the watch. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and funny which is great for the holiday seasons. If you haven’t seen it already, you should definitely give it a watch.

Image result for elf