Christmas Locker Decor

Get in the spirit!

Hannah Reilly Photo

Lindsey Gardella, Staff Writer

It is officially the holiday season. Get into spirit by decorating your locker! These are a few easy DIY locker decorations.

1. Grab some Christmas themed wrapping paper and measure your locker and cover the front of it with that and a gift bow.
  2. Buy some L. E. D. Christmas lights and hang them inside your locker. They sell some that don’t need to be plugged in, so electricity wouldn’t be a problem. Walmart sells battery powered L.E.D lights starting from just $4.98.
  3. Cut out some paper snowflakes and tape them in or outside of your locker.
  4. Cut out some letters on colored paper and tape them on your locker to say any Christmas thing you like, such as “Let it Snow,” or make a Christmas countdown.
  5. Buy or make a mini wreath and hang it up on the inside of your locker.

There are many more ideas on Pinterest and other crafty websites, for those who want more than a simple holiday locker.

Merrimack College holds a yearly competition where students compete to see who can decorate their dorm the best.

Triton could use that idea to make a competition with school lockers and have students compete to see who can come up with the best decorations.

Former Triton students Hannah and Emily Reilly took part in the Merrimack College competition along with their two other roommates. They decorated their dorm from the inside out with homemade Christmas decorations, for example they made a snowman out of plastic cups on their door.

It would be so much fun for Triton to hold a competition like that.