Homecoming Dance: Better or Worse?

Rachel Rowe, Staff Writer

Senior Cody Crocker believes that the homecoming dance that took place on November 18th was the best one yet compared to his freshman year.

“I’ve been going to the homecoming dances since my freshman year and they used to play really old songs.” Said Crocker. As a matter of fact they still do. That plays a big role when trying to enjoy the dance, but I would just go for the heck of it. Each year I thought I was outgrowing it more and more because I felt like I was in elementary school again. I still went and made the best of it every time, but I found myself liking it more this year than any other year because it was a lot more fun,” Crocker said.

As this is what Crocker interprets, he thinks other local schools go about Homecoming in a different way than what Triton students are used to.

“The difference of the dance within the four years was during my freshman year, I felt as if it wasn’t that big of a deal. At other schools I realize that they go all out, and almost always have dates. Triton is different when it comes to that and people just go with their friends,” said Crocker.

Due to Crocker’s outlook, he thinks the dance is more enjoyable when there is more familiar faces taken place.  “This year I’ve seen more people in the senior class attend more than ever. They still go with their friends and try to look nice but the cafeteria was filled with more familiar faces than I normally see,” Crocker said.

Senior Gianna Maiuri happens to disagree with Crocker. “I think the Homecoming Dance is just overrated. I didn’t end up going this year. I used to go my freshman year and I had a lot of fun because our whole grade just entered the high school and we could experience these types of homecoming events,” said Maiuri.

“It’s kind of different now, I feel like I’m just getting too old for a school dance,” Maiuri said.

Maiuri finds it difficult to find something to wear as she considers it stressful trying to look nice for the occasion..

“All the girls want to dress up and look pretty obviously. I try to go to the mall to find something I can wear but I never find anything. That takes part in why I don’t really like to go either.” Said Maiuri.

Senior Alex Fecteau said this year was the best now that he’s a senior. “When I was a freshman we had to dance in the back of the cafeteria. Now since we’re upperclassmen we can be right in front of the DJ dancing the night away,” said Fecteau.

“I’ve gone all four years and this was by far the best. There was so many people and that’s what made it so much funner. I always have a good time regardless ,” Fecteau said.

“I can’t believe I’m a senior and this was my last homecoming. It’ crazy how much time flies. I’m going to miss these years,” said Fecteau.

Triton homecomings are getting better as the years go on based on one’s views, although others may disagree. Student opinions have to matter when it comes to these school events so it can be enjoyable for all.

(Julia Plummer Photo)

Maia Perry, Left. Emily Muzi, Right.