Homecoming Recap

Triton High School takes on homecoming week

Homecoming+Recap

Gabrielle Lowry and Lindsey Gardella

Triton students showed their school spirit as they competed and participated in school activities for Homecoming week.

“I’ll miss Homecoming for sure,” said senior Riane Vatcher. “I always loved dressing up and seeing everyone’s school spirit.”

Homecoming week is where students get the chance to get goofy with school spirit. Dress up days, football games, and other fun after-school activities, all played a part in this fun week.

A central part of Homecoming week was the dress up days. Students dressed up everyday of the week and competed to see which grade would participate the most. The days given were pajama day, sports team day, white out day, throwback day, fancy day, USA day, Triton day, and theme color day. Dressing up was a fun way to get everyone in the Homecoming mood.

There was also a lot of out of school activities such as the volleyball games, the hypnotist, the powderpuff game, and many more.

On Friday night the volleyball game was held. Students from each grade created their team and competed against one another in the tournament.

“It was a lot of fun. My teammates and I all loved playing volleyball and we had a great time,” said junior Connor Beevers. “l love playing games like that, where a bunch of the school can get involved against each other. 10/10. I would do it again.”

On Saturday morning was the powderpuff game. It was held at the Pentucket Stadium and the girls from each high school formed their team and played against each other. With a final score of 21-13, Pentucket took the win.

“The game was a lot more aggressive than I expected,” said junior Jessica Hood. “But it was very fun. I would recommend for people to join next year.”

On Saturday night the students attended the Homecoming dance. This dance was a great way to get all students together. Dancing from 7-10, Triton students enjoyed the experience.

On Tuesday night the hypnotist put on a show. Our regular came in and gave the students an experience like no other. Getting involved and watching something like this was very enjoyable. This gave everyone a laugh and showed people something they had never seen before.

“Being hypnotized was very hazy and weird, almost like how it feels when you’re super tired and about to fall asleep,” said sophomore Aidan Gay-Killeen. “Weirdly, I remember the whole thing.”

Up until Wednesday, students from each grade spent hours after school everyday to decorate their bleachers. Each grade wanted their bleachers to look best for the final day of homecoming which made them work hard.

“To decorate for the bleachers there was a collaboration between officers that had to be done. Artistic ability was used to create each part of the design. Although, if you weren’t artistic, like myself, there was still so much that you could do to contribute. We all had so much fun doing lt,” said junior Carisa Boyle.

Held throughout the week was a can drive and the penny wars. The Junior class took the win for the can drive and the freshman class took the win for the penny wars.

On the final day of Homecoming, the whole high school joined in the auditorium for each grade to perform their class skit. Each grade was given their own theme. The freshman were super heroes, the sophomores were Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory, the juniors were Scooby Doo, and the seniors were Monsters Inc. The Senior class was voted best skit.

After the skits, everyone gathered in the gym to compete in a variety of games. Competing against each other in the gym with games like tug of war, volleyball, and crab soccer, allowed the students to have fun before leaving.

“My favorite event would have to be crab soccer because it’s so much fun to go back and forth between the players,” said junior Carisa Boyle. “It’s an odd game and looks funny, but when you’re out there it’s so much fun.”

To finish off the pep-rally, the high school varsity cheerleaders performed their competition routine in front of the school. Many kids were surprised with how much work is put into one routine and how talented the cheerleaders are.

Before ending the day, was the teacher’s pie in the face. Over the week students voted to pick one teacher to be pied in the face to end homecoming. Mr. Sheehan was voted to be pied in the face by senior quarterback, Tommy Lapham. The school showed great support and was happy to see Sheehan get messy.

Homecoming week is a tradition at Triton High School and is always known to be a great way to begin Thanksgiving break. The fun competitions and unique ideas the students bring shows this week to be rememberable.