Alumni of Triton High School

Katie MacDonald, Staff Writer

As the class of 2018 approaches graduation, the pressure of attending college and figuring out plans for after high school kicks in.
Alumni from the class of 2017 shared their experiences and advice, learned from their transition of graduating High School into the adult world.
Previous wrestling and football captain John Falasca decided to take the College route and is attending the University of Maine.
Falasca said “The hardest thing about college, besides the work, is definitely missing your friends back home. Shoutout to the boys, you know who you are. I don’t really miss home as much as I miss being close to my friends and hanging out with them everyday; and I miss my bed a lot.”
“Just general advice, always go to class and do your work, there is going to be a lot of it. Join a club or a group, it’s a great way to make friends and keep active. You should try to go to the gym often too, the freshman 15 is real; and most importantly, you need to balance partying and studying, and have fun.” says Falasca
Alumni and last years hockey captain, Ricky Calvani, chose a similar but different route and decided to go to Northern Essex Community College.
Calvani said that his mom helped him find NECC and he doesn’t love it but he likes it because “the classes aren’t that hard so I will be able to get my gpa up for a year and then I’ll have more options for colleges and be able to transfer easier later.”
Calvani also said “my biggest advice for Triton Students is to enjoy your time at Triton, it goes by much faster than you would think. Also, if you don’t feel like you’re ready for college and need to improve your gpa, spending a year or two at NECC in-between might be helpful.”
On the other hand, Alumni Sean Driscoll decided to take a different path and take a year off from college and is working for an HVAC industry.
Driscoll says that “There are many options for graduating students who might not feel ready or fit for college. There are many different trade jobs such as plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC, construction, etc., which are all industries full of great job opportunities.”
Driscoll shared that his advice for Triton Students is that “you don’t always have to go to college right away, there are many different paths that you can take, and you should follow what feels right.”
There are many different career paths that you can pursue after graduating from High School. Each person will find a different school or job that feels right for them, so research all your options before deciding.