Secret Spots in Triton

Places on Campus Some Students May Not Know About

Julia Plummer, Staff Writer

Some students and teachers think that they know this school like the back of their hands. But, to some it was a surprise to hear about the tunnel under the new field that was built summer of 2016.
“The entrance is by the marsh behind the scoreboard,” said junior John Bradley. “It’s a small pipe that you have to crawl through and then it leads into a tube that goes straight up. It’s super dark and looks like a sewer,” he said.
It’s unclear what this tunnel is actually used for.
The Triton Voice caught up with some of the students that have seen or know where other secret places are.
“I’ve been up on the roof before to film for VTV,” said senior Kellie Corbin. “We had to climb straight up on a ladder from a room, and I was scared I was going to fall. You have to really watch where you’re stepping because you could fall through. You can’t go too close to the edge of the roof either since there’s no fence or wall around the edge. I was so scared I was going to fall,” she said.
For another VTV video, Corbin and senior Zoe Cesati also have been to Triton’s basement.
“We had to go into one of the storage rooms in order to get to it. We had to bring a ladder too because it’s like a five foot drop to the ground,” said Corbin. “It’s huge and kind of feels like it’s haunted,” she said.
“It’s really creepy down there,” said Zoe Cesati. “The floor was just dirt, and there was coffee cups and sticky notes everywhere so it seemed like someone had been down there recently,” she said.
It’s been known that students have been up to “Atlantis” which is a secret room in the walls of Triton.
“It’s up in one of the girls locker rooms,” said senior Garrett Savage. “It’s just this big open space in the ceiling, there’s pipes everywhere so have to watch where you’re going and only walk on the concrete. There’s graffiti on the walls and stuff. It’s pretty cool,”
Although these are spots on campus, you could get in trouble for visiting them. Please do not do this without permission.
Photo: Seniors Kellie Corbin and Zoe Cesati on top of Triton’s roof. (Corbin Photo)