Q&A With Wasif Shawman

Wasif, as he says, “staying woke” (Wasif courtesy photo)

Owen Heffernan, Staff Writer

I sat down with one of Triton’s most interesting Juniors, Wasif Shawman. I asked him some questions in order to get a better understanding of who Wasif really is.

TV: What are you looking to do in the future?

WS: My plan after high school is to go to college for pre-law. I’m looking at Boston College, also Northeastern and Boston University. I want to be a lawyer and the ultimate dream is to become president of the United States. I feel like that would be a cool job. Why settle? I’m always trying to go up in the world and there is no place to go further than the President of the United States.

TV: What makes Wasif “Wasif”?

WS: The thing that makes Wasif “Wasif” is his unique sense of humor and fashion. He is very much woke.

TV: What is your normal day like?

WS: I get up, I usually have something in the morning whether it be morning workouts or a class officer meeting or student council. So I get up pretty early like 5:30. If I have nothing I’ll wake up at like 6:30, 6:40, 6:50, come to school and eat breakfast. If not I’ll eat breakfast at home. I’ll have a bowl of cereal. Milk first then cereal. Then I go to school, take all my classes, shoutout Mr. Colby and shoutout Madame Symonds. After school I usually hit the gym or go to the homecoming meetings for our class. Then I’ll go home, take a little nap, and watch the Celtics. If the Celtics aren’t on I’ll watch other basketball. Then I’ll go to sleep.

TV: Where is your favorite place to be?

WS: Triton Regional High School. I have a lot of school pride.

TV: What do you want your legacy at Triton to be?

WS: The greatest basketball manager in the history of the school. I also want to go down as the best Triton rapper, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

TV: What gets you motivated?

WS: I’m a pretty self-motivated person. I envision myself in the future being rich and powerful and I have to work towards that.

TV: What is your favorite part about Triton?

WS: My favorite thing about Triton is the people. I

love people. I love everyone in this building. I love the school food, it’s underrated. My favorite school lunch is when they have chicken on Wednesday’s with mashed potatoes, because sometimes they don’t have mashed potatoes and I get upset. But, when they have the mashed potatoes with the chicken it’s a good time. I love breakfast in the morning with my friend Max. I love the teachers, I love the students, I like homecoming.

TV: What advice would you give to the classes coming in?

WS: When you’re at homecoming, when you are at the actual games, if someone calls you out to dance, just dance and don’t cause a scene. For classes, don’t stress yourself out because none of this matters. Don’t sketch. If you don’t sketch then you’ll be fine.

TV: What is your deepest darkest secret?

WS: I don’t have any dark secrets. I’m a pretty open person.

TV: What is your type of music?

WS: My favorite type of music is rap, hip hop. Occasionally I’ll listen to classics like Elvis. You know who I’ve been bumpin’ recently? I’ve been bumpin’ 21 Savage and Offset, Future, and Young Thug.

TV: Movie?

WS: I don’t watch movies.

TV: TV show?

WS: Favorite TV show is Friends, something I can

throw on like a rainy day, and I don’t really have to pay attention, I can just get a few laughs. You know a lot of these series’ now-a-days you really have to focus, but with Friends I can just get some easy laughs.

TV: Book?

WS: To Kill a Mockingbird. I really like Atticus Finch. I think he is one of the greatest literary characters in existence.

TV: Food?

WS: My favorite food is Thanksgiving food.

TV: Sports team?

WS: The Boston Celtics.

TV: Who is your idol in life?

WS: My idol in life is Lebron James. He is my favorite basketball player. He is always saying the right things. He is surprisingly smart even though he didn’t go to college. He is woke, like myself.