Straight Outta Triton

Jed Cutter class of 17’ tells about his life now as a graduate of Triton High School

%28Cutter+Photo%29

(Cutter Photo)

Riane Vatcher, Staff Writer

“As you see your graduation cap flying down, that’s when it really sinks in that you aren’t in high school anymore and you’re facing a new stage in life,” said Jed Cutter, Triton graduate of 2017.

Jed Cutter is furthering his education and serving his country, attending the United States Airforce Academy in Colorado Spings, Colorado. Cutter was in the top 10% of his 2017 class and was a part of many clubs, sports, and many other activities of the Triton community. Now, he has begun a new life following graduation and is across the country recieving a top notch education.

“If it weren’t for the challenging courses and some of the teachers that pushed me to do my best, I wouldn’t be where I am today,” said Cutter. “Take as many challenging classes as you can that will best prepare you for college and be as involved as you can in high school. It shows colleges your leadership and drive to be a good student.”

The Triton Voice asked Cutter what he missed most about Triton and his advice for underclassmen at Triton. “Take nothing for granted, the four years fly by,” Cutter said. “If I had to choose, I’d say I miss the Viking Pride the most, the Triton vs. Newburyport hockey games especially.”

The Triton Voice also asked Cutter about his college experience so far, as he explained that it was unlike most of his fellow Triton classmates who have also graduated. “So far the college experience for me has been okay but kind of difficult and I am already homesick,” Cutter stated. “I am at a military academy, so it’s a lot of work. I left for basic training right after I graduated, which wasn’t easy, as it was super hard and very strenous on my body. The first few months were especially difficult as I was not able to communicate to loved ones back at home except through letters since all my electronic devices were taken from me. It has gotten better though, I now have full access to my phone and I am on the club hockey team, which has been a lot of fun.”

Cutter also told the Triton Voice that Triton should be more lenient with seniors to make them more responsible and prepare them for college. “Seniors should have had the privledge to leave during studies as it will help them learn more about time management for college,” Cutter said. “Also in college, homework isn’t madatory like it is at Triton. If you don’t put in the work and apply yourself, you won’t do well in classes for tests. I believe Triton should take this approach with Seniors because that is what they are going to expect for their next years in their life.”

Cutter is now waiting to be back home for Thanksgiving after being away for five long months. He is excited to come back to the school and also watch the Triton football game on Thanksgiving Day.