Lunch Controversy

The crowded lunch room during 1st lunch.

Caitlyn Chaisson and Caitlyn Roberge

Caitlyn Chaisson

Caitlyn Roberge

Staff Writers

Lunch Controversy

Students Like Two Lunches Better Than Three

The 2016-2017 school year was the beginning of the new lunch policy. Instead of having three lunches, Triton changed it to two. Although it is much easier for the cafeteria workers, Triton students are not too fond of this change.

“It was basically a scheduling decision with administration,” said head of the lunch department, Sharon Bolduc. “Now there doesn’t have to be split classes.”

Triton students liked three lunches better due to the fact that there was more space, less noise, and shorter lunch lines.

“Three lunches was better because three lunches gives you more space. With only two the lunch room is overcrowded, and it takes twice as long to get your lunch,” said junior Carisa Boyle.

Agreeing with Boyle, junior Bella Kreticos states, “I have to wait in line for a long time for my lunch, and once I find a seat there’s no time to eat. They should bring back a third lunch or make the process of getting food quicker.”

“We don’t have enough space at tables  for all of our friends to sit together. They should either have more tables or more lunches.” said junior Maggie Tardiff. Adding to this, Caitie Rooney states, “You have to wait a long time in line, and sometimes you don’t get a seat.”

“We are trying to make lines faster and more efficient. As the time goes further on we will become faster,” said Bolduc. The cafeteria workers understand that the lines are long and they don’t move that fast but they are doing the best they can. There is also a new system that they are getting used to.

Junior Jessica Hood has an idea for the long line situation, stating, “They should have a separate line for snacks because sometimes I’ll be in line just to buy a snack, and I have to wait for everybody to get their lunches.”

Although students find the new lunch system overcrowded, having two lunches works in the favor for the lunch staff. They get breaks in between preparing meals.

“We can cook and catch up so there’s plenty of food for everybody,” said Bolduc.

They say there is enough food for everybody, but is there time? Junior Bridget Sheehan said, “some people have to wait in line to get lunch for long time which leaves them with little to no time to eat.”