Travel Club Takes on Italy

Triton students are eager to visit Europe next summer

Previous trip in 2016 to England, Ireland, and Wales (Dempsey photo)

Gabrielle Lowry and Lindsey Gardella

In July of 2018, Triton High School students will take a trip of a lifetime to Italy.

“I am excited because Italy has always been a dream place to travel to,” said junior Leandra Drouin.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity which is exciting for a lot of the students attending. Visiting Rome, Sorrento, and Capri, Triton students will explore many sites that give them a chance to learn about the country and its culture. They will be traveling through an organization called “Education First,” which is known for great trips and unforgettable experiences.

Education First is a program that guides people on a hands on and interactive learning experience and helps students to venture out of their comfort zones. Going to different countries to learn about the history and the culture of these amazing places is something so unique. EF tours organizes trips to revolve around the students and what is most beneficial for them.

With chaperones Erin Dempsey, Jennifer Scott, and Rebecca Bibeau, students will be guided on a trip filled with all kinds of adventures. Students will get to see sites and landmarks, like the Colosseum, Sistine Chapel and many more.

“I am mostly looking forward to the Island of Capri, because it has a lot of beautiful landscapes that I’m really excited to go see,” said junior Caitlyn Chaisson.

The Triton Travel Club gives students amazing opportunities to travel and to explore all around the world where they may never get another chance to go to again.

“I’ve never traveled anywhere in Europe, so I’m excited to see what it will be like,” said junior Michael Armand.

Counting down the days until the summer comes, students attending the trip are eager to see what Europe will bring. With only four more spots available, students have shown great interest in the trip.

“I signed up because I heard a lot of people talking about it and it seemed really cool to be able to go to Italy with all my friends,” said junior Erin Drew.

Previous trips with EF have included traveling to Italy in 2012 and Greece in 2014. Members of the club  are a part of choosing the next destination, which gives them more control to make it beneficial for them; Italy was the number one vote for 2018. Some travel club members have been a part of more than one trip, which shows the enjoyment the club brings.

“My experience was great. It was very well organized and thought out. The hotels were great, restaurants could have been better, but overall it was awesome. I definitely would travel through EF again,” said junior Caitlin Rooney.

As a chaperone, Dempsey, traveled on the trips in 2012 and 2014 and took over the club in 2016 when they traveled to England, Ireland, and Wales. She has devoted herself to the club and hopes to inspire students to travel more in the future, she says.

“I think that it’s important for students to see all the different cultures and see how the people around the world live. The more of the world you see, the better well rounded of a person you are,” said Dempsey. Dempsey is most excited to see the islands and what Italy is like during the summer.

Another chaperone, Scott, has traveled a lot throughout her life because she loves the experiences it gives. Visiting places such as Iceland, Portugal, Peru, and more, Scott has appreciated the different kinds of cultures our world has. There is another side of the world so many people have yet to see, she says.

“It’s a good idea to travel as much as possible because your eyes are open to other people’s lives,” said Scott. “Traveling broadens your perspective on life.”

Exploring Italy may be a trip that will change the Triton students outlook on life.

To sign up go see Mrs. Dempsey in room H206 for more information.