Glory Trelfa doing some online shopping (Karoline Jacobs)
Glory Trelfa doing some online shopping

Karoline Jacobs

What’s Hot for Christmas?

Students give their opinion for what the hottest gift will be this year

December 21, 2018

As people scramble to get their Christmas shopping done, many are looking for what will be the big hit this season.

“Isn’t it always an iPhone or the newest Apple product?” asked junior Glory Trelfa.

The Triton Voice interviewed varying age groups for what the hot item this Christmas season will be. A mother gives her opinion about the gifts that could be popular for her 5 and 7-year olds and we found many students will be asking for technology products like iPhones, new TVs, laptops, and more.

“I have heard LOL dolls are very popular with girls this year,” said Nicole Canny, mother of two young girls of 5 and 7.

“To be honest with you I have no idea what these are,” said Canny. “The girls have not mentioned them, but from talking with their friend’s mothers, they are very popular.”

Canny said that LEGO’s seem to be coming back this year with both girls and boys. “I’ve always liked LEGO’s,” said Canny. “Except when I step on them.”

Her daughters, Claire and Lilah have started to read the Harry Potter books, which are on their Christmas lists, along with any hands-on items. “They both went to a robotics camp last summer and loved it, so hands-on robot kits, especially any that involve animals really excite them,” said Canny.

To make shopping easier, she does most of it online, but it is good to get some local shopping done as well.

When it comes to the chaos of the mall, she doesn’t miss a bit of it. “In many cases now I find most stores only carry a fraction of what they sell, so you could go all the way to the store only to find out it’s not available in store.”

Glory Trelfa said she thinks that many kids in the junior class will be wanting technology products such as the new MacBook or the new phone, or anything technology related.

“Probably a MacBook because I know there’s a new one of those or the new iPhone X plus or whatever.”

However, Trelfa did not want anything technology related.

“I asked for my parents to let me go to to the next concert that I want to go to,” said Trelfa.

“ I think a lot of people buy phones in stores,” said Trelfa. “In terms of electronics I think people buy them in stores, but they go online for all of the accessories and all the add-ons but for gifts other than electronics I would say they use Amazon or some other website.”

Sophomore Samantha Marianello said she thinks that the new phones and laptops will be the hit thing this Christmas. “Maybe like, portable chargers and new phones or computers.”

“For me, I’m just asking my parents for Apple Music and I feel like everyone’s going to be shopping online or something.”

What do you think will be the hottest gift of this season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Triton Voice • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Triton Voice Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *