Birchbox vs. Ipsy

Comparing the two top delivery subscriptions prior to the holidays

November 13, 2018

Back in the day, people had to actually go to stores to buy products. Now they show up at your front door.

Birchbox and Ipsy are in the top three of best monthly subscriptions of product samples in the country, according to www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com. People are utilizing these services even more frequently so they can sample the products they want to buy in the future.

Birchbox is a recurring subscription that sends samples of popular items, while Ipsy sends more personalized products recommended just for the customer. Both Birchbox and Ipsy subscriptions that cost $10 and each have 4-5 products to try out. They’re subscriptions contain skincare, haircare, and makeup products. Birchbox was founded in September 2010 in New York City, by  Katia Beauchamp and Hayley Barna, who are both graduates from Harvard. In September 2015, Birchbox reached over one million subscribers, and partnered to sell their products at Walgreens in 2018. Ipsy was founded in 2011 in San Mateo, California, with the help of famous youtuber, Michelle Phan. In September 2017, Ipsy reached over three million subscribers.

Students in the Triton community have invested in these subscriptions. Sophomore, Meaghan Riccio and Junior Naomi Bell, have only great things to say about the company Ipsy.

“I quite enjoy the ability to personalize the products I get every month.”

— Sam Bell

says Bell.  

“I have tons of makeup and other products from my Ipsy subscription and they are all very good quality and I have a lot of uses out of them.” says Riccio. Reviews on Ipsy all around the country also have great reviews on all of these products.

Unlike Birchbox, Ipsy allows shoppers to personalize their box every month, so customers get the products they desire.

Birchbox also has its benefits. This company sends customers brand new products in the market, so they can test them out before they purchase them, so they know whether the product is worth it or not. Birchbox and Ipsy are gaining more subscribers around the country, and hopefully more Triton students will recognize how great of an investment these monthly subscriptions are, and will try these out. 

Triton Voice • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in